Just three days to Christmas and markets are subdued, for now. A live recap of what happened while we slept overnight and what lies ahead. We go through charts on the S&P 500, Nasdaq, Russell, WTI Oil and Natural gas. Markets have eyes on US economic releases and EIA oil storage. Natural gas futures showing some life with weather models and LNG chatter around the European weather crisis. Thin markets with a lot of fear bombs out there with multiple calls for a Santa rally blended in, before Christmas so be flat or nimble.
- Enjoy live commentary from Our Trading Room at youtube as the day wraps up – feel free to like and share
- Last Night’s Market Wrap: Market Wrap – Year End Trading, Trader Journals and Discipline – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- Weekly Overview: Traders Market Weekly: So, This Is Christmas – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- WTI futures consolidation continued – .04 at $71.31 ahead of EIA
- Natural gas +.149 at 4.002 on weather models
- Apple under near resistance at $172.68
- The obsession remains the price of Apple for 3 trillion market is $182.86
- U.S. Treasuries yields slender gains with 10-yr yield down two basis points at 1.47%.
- BOJ minutes from October meeting suggest the bank is likely to keep easy policy until inflation hits 2%
- Carmax (KMX 144.50, +7.51) +5.5% after beating Q3 expectations
- Merck (MRK 76.56, +1.02): +1.4% after announcing that the British government agreed to purchase 1.75 mln courses of Molnupiravir.
- CAMP -20.6% on earnings results
- TSLA gains as Elon Musk tells Reuters that he has “sold enough stock”
- GBP the strongest, JPY the weakest
- U.S. Dollar softer
- Spot gold p $4.25 or 0.24% at $1792.68.
- Spot silver up $0.13 or 0.59% at $22.63
- Bitcoin is trading sideways $48,867. The high $49,600
- Japan’s Nikkei +0.2%,
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng +0.6%,
- China’s Shanghai Composite -0.1%
- STOXX Europe 600: +0.1%
- German DAX +0.1%
- France’s CAC, unchanged
- UK’s FTSE 100 unchanged
- Spain’s Ibex +0.3%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB -0.1%
Visit Traders Market Weekly: Central Banker Deluge December 10 – 16 2021 for the daily calendar
Overnight Stories in Depth
US Army Walter Reed Scientists Develop Coronavirus Vaccine Effective Against All Variants Including Omicron – TRADERS COMMUNITY
Within weeks reports Scientists at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research have developed Spike Ferritin Nanoparticle COVID-19 vaccine, or SpFN, a vaccine that is effective against COVID-19 and all its variants including Omicron. Dr. Kayvon Modjarrad, director of Walter Reed’s infectious diseases branch, made the announcement in an exclusive interview with Defense One.
Earnings Calendar For Today
CarMax, Cintas and Paychex
Key Earnings This Week
- Nike Earnings Impact from Gross Margin Pressure on Supply and labor crunches. – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- Micron DRAM Bit Shipments Shore Up Earnings with Chip Demand – TRADERS COMMUNITY
Any questions please feel free to ask them below. Trade Smart!
Have a great trading day!
RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITIES, STOCKS, FOREX, CRYPTO FUTURES OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT
This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not a direction to buy or sell the instruments discussed. It is imperative before trading you assess your individual risk, the market risk, taxation risk, your counterparties risk and your suitability to engage in any investment of trading financially, mentally or ethically or legally. This warning does not cover all possible risks and is for educational purposes only.
THE NFA in their disclosure statement discusses the characteristics and risks of standardized security futures contracts traded on regulated U.S. exchanges. At present, regulated exchanges are authorized to list futures contracts on individual equity securities registered under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (including common stock and certain exchange-traded funds and American Depositary Receipts), as well as narrow-based security indices. Futures on other
types of securities and options on security futures contracts may be authorized in the future.
It is advised and suggested before trading you read the risk disclosure documents of what and where you intend to trade. We have included the short form from the NFA, this is not to be taken as a be all and end all please continue with your own investigation of the markets or instruments you trade with.
Before trading go to: RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITY FUTURES CONTRACTS