Just four days to Christmas and markets are jumpy. A live recap of what happened while we slept overnight and what lies ahead. We go through charts on the S&P 500, Nasdaq, Russell, WTI Oil and Natural gas. Markets continued higher after yesterday’s reversal off the sell off. Thin markets with a lot of fear bombs out there with multiple calls for a Santa rally blended in, before Christmas so be flat or nimble.
- Enjoy live commentary from Our Trading Room at youtube as the day wraps up – feel free to like and share
- Last Night’s Market Wrap: Market Wrap – Option flows, Omicron, Turkey, BBB and Crowd Behavior – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- Weekly Overview: Traders Market Weekly: So, This Is Christmas – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- WTI futures selling continued – .47 at $69.69
- Natural gas +.014 at 3.852 on weather models
- Apple bounced to around $171.68 reversal flowing on
- The obsession remains the price of Apple for 3 trillion market is $182.86
- U.S. Treasuries yields higher across the curve. The 2-yr yield up three basis points to 0.65%, 10-yr yield is up three basis points to 1.45%.
- Nike Earnings Beat on Vigorous North American Sales 83 cents vs $0.63 EPS and $11.36 billion $11.25 Billion forecast in revenue.
- Micron Earnings Boosted by Data Center Sales and DRAM Shipments for the Cloud. $2.16 Beat $2.10 EPS Forecast and $7.69 Beat $7.68 billion forecast in revenue
- General Mills (GIS 66.50, -1.29): -1.9% after missing EPS estimates on above-consensus revenue.
- FactSet (FDS 468.80, -2.17): -0.5% despite beating top and bottom-line estimates.
- Goldman Sachs cuts GDP view for Q1, Q2, and Q3 2022
- NZD the strongest, CHF the weakest
- U.S. Dollar Index down 0.1% to 96.44.
- Spot gold up 6.34% at $1796.42
- Spot silver up $0.43 or 1.97% at $22.69
- Bitcoin is trading higher at 48,800. Off low $45,570 yesterday.
- Japan’s Nikkei: +2.1%
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng: +1.0%
- China’s Shanghai Composite: +0.9%
- India’s Sensex: +0.9%
- South Korea’s Kospi: +0.4%
- Australia’s ASX All Ordinaries: +0.9%
- STOXX Europe 600: +1.1%
- Germany’s DAX: +1.2%
- U.K.’s FTSE 100: +1.0%
- France’s CAC 40: +1.1%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB: +1.3%
- Spain’s IBEX 35: +1.4%
Overnight Stories in Depth
Visit Traders Market Weekly: Central Banker Deluge December 10 – 16 2021
for the daily calendar
Earnings Calendar For Today
- Nike Earnings Impact from Gross Margin Pressure on Supply and labor crunches. – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- Micron DRAM Bit Shipments Shore Up Earnings with Chip Demand – TRADERS COMMUNITY
Any questions please feel free to ask them below. Trade Smart!
Have a great trading day!
RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITIES, STOCKS, FOREX, CRYPTO FUTURES OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT
This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not a direction to buy or sell the instruments discussed. It is imperative before trading you assess your individual risk, the market risk, taxation risk, your counterparties risk and your suitability to engage in any investment of trading financially, mentally or ethically or legally. This warning does not cover all possible risks and is for educational purposes only.
THE NFA in their disclosure statement discusses the characteristics and risks of standardized security futures contracts traded on regulated U.S. exchanges. At present, regulated exchanges are authorized to list futures contracts on individual equity securities registered under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (including common stock and certain exchange-traded funds and American Depositary Receipts), as well as narrow-based security indices. Futures on other
types of securities and options on security futures contracts may be authorized in the future.
It is advised and suggested before trading you read the risk disclosure documents of what and where you intend to trade. We have included the short form from the NFA, this is not to be taken as a be all and end all please continue with your own investigation of the markets or instruments you trade with.
Before trading go to: RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITY FUTURES CONTRACTS