Just five days to Christmas and markets are nervous. A live recap of what happened while we slept overnight and what lies ahead. We go through charts on the S&P 500, Nasdaq, Russell, WTI Oil and Natural gas. Markets continued softer after yesterday’s reversal off all-time highs. Thin markets with a lot of fear bombs out there with multiple calls for a Santa rally blended in, before Christmas so be flat or nimble.
- Enjoy live commentary from Our Trading Room at youtube as the day wraps up – feel free to like and share
- Last Night’s Market Wrap: Market Wrap – Dirty Markets Give Most of Yesterday’s Explosive Gains Back – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- Weekly Overview: Traders Market Weekly: So, This Is Christmas – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- WTI futures selling continued – 2.47 at $67.90
- Natural gas +.23 at 3.390 on weekend models
- Apple sold off to around $168.40 – 2.74 reversal flowing on
- The obsession remains the price of Apple for 3 trillion market is $182.86
- U.S. Treasuries yields trade lower on safe haven flows. The 10-yr yield is unchanged at 1.40% while the 2-yr yield is down just two basis points to 0.62%.
- Moderna (MRNA 317.76, +22.96): +7.8% after announcing its booster candidates at 50 µg and 100 µg dose levels neutralized the Omicron variant in preliminary data.
- Toyota will suspend operations at five factories in January due to the coronavirus and ongoing supply chain issues.
- The People’s Bank of China lowered its one-year loan prime rate by five basis points to 3.80% and left its five-year rate unchanged.
- Goldman Sachs cuts GDP view for Q1, Q2, and Q3 2022
- EUR the strongest, NZD the weakest
- USDJPY 113.57 -0.14
- EURUSD 1.1264 +0.0025.
- Spot gold down $-1.80 in my 0.10% $1796.10
- Spot silver down $0.10 a month or 0.46% $22.24
- Bitcoin is trading lower at $45,736. On Friday was trading around $47,100
- In forex the CHF the strongest, AUD & NZD weakest
- Japan’s Nikkei: -2.1%
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng: -1.9%
- China’s Shanghai Composite: -1.1%
- India’s Sensex: -2.1%
- South Korea’s Kospi: -1.8%
- Australia’s ASX All Ordinaries: -0.3%
- STOXX Europe 600: -1.5%
- Germany’s DAX: -1.9%
- U.K.’s FTSE 100: -1.1%
- France’s CAC 40: -1.1%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB: -2.0%
- Spain’s IBEX 35: -1.3%
Overnight Stories in Depth
Visit Traders Market Weekly: Traders Market Weekly: So, This Is Christmas – TRADERS COMMUNITY
for the daily calendar
Earnings Calendar For Today
- Nike Earnings Impact from Gross Margin Pressure on Supply and labor crunches. – TRADERS COMMUNITY
- Micron DRAM Bit Shipments Shore Up Earnings with Chip Demand – TRADERS COMMUNITY
Any questions please feel free to ask them below. Trade Smart!
Have a great trading day!
RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITIES, STOCKS, FOREX, CRYPTO FUTURES OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT
This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not a direction to buy or sell the instruments discussed. It is imperative before trading you assess your individual risk, the market risk, taxation risk, your counterparties risk and your suitability to engage in any investment of trading financially, mentally or ethically or legally. This warning does not cover all possible risks and is for educational purposes only.
THE NFA in their disclosure statement discusses the characteristics and risks of standardized security futures contracts traded on regulated U.S. exchanges. At present, regulated exchanges are authorized to list futures contracts on individual equity securities registered under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (including common stock and certain exchange-traded funds and American Depositary Receipts), as well as narrow-based security indices. Futures on other
types of securities and options on security futures contracts may be authorized in the future.
It is advised and suggested before trading you read the risk disclosure documents of what and where you intend to trade. We have included the short form from the NFA, this is not to be taken as a be all and end all please continue with your own investigation of the markets or instruments you trade with.
Before trading go to: RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITY FUTURES CONTRACTS