A live recap of what happened while we slept overnight and what lies ahead. We go through charts on the S&P 500, WTI Oil and Natural gas. A little chop and rebalance of recent moves overnight flowing on from yesterday with ES and oil in slight corrective mode. Moves from Asian markets mostly lower. Evergrande back in the news and the markets primed for American inflation data.
- Enjoy live commentary from Our Trading Room at youtube as the day wraps up – feel free to like and share
One key thing to watch after the CPI print is how interest rate hike expectations change. At present Fed futures pricing in 2 hikes next year.
Yesterday’s Recap: Market Wrap – Stocks and Oil Take a Breather Ahead of US Inflation Report
- WTI futures off overnight highs down 1.09 at $71.70
- Natural gas +.05 as market try’s to rebalance ahead of today’s CPI report
- Apple hanging around $174.80 after $AAPL trades near ATH and large option strike levels
- Senate passes vote to clear way to increase debt ceiling next week with simple majority vote
- AVGO, ORCL, and COST up after their earnings reports
- LULU and CHWY down after their earnings reports
- Ratings changes: ARNC, JBL, ORCL, RCL, CXM, AGCO, CARR, PTON, LUV, ABT, BAC, C, JPM, PNC, USB, and WFC
- USD and Treasury yield higher ahead of CPI report at 8:30 a.m. ET 10 yr Note: 1.52%
- GME sells after after earnings miss, -4.7% after missing EPS estimates on above-consensus revenue.
- RH up 10% after earnings
- AMZN lower on ~$1.3 bln fine by Italy’s antitrust regulators. Amazon plans to appeal the fine, according to CNBC.
- Spot gold down 1771.40 -5.8
- Spot silver down -21.58 -0.15
- Bitcoin +2.85%
- US Treasury 10-year yields down 1.2 bps to 1.497% after yesterday’s auction.
- In forex the USD the strongest
- Japan’s Nikkei: -1.0% (+1.5% for the week)
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng: -1.1% (+1.0% for the week)
- China’s Shanghai Composite: -0.2% (+1.6% for the week)
- India’s Sensex: UNCH (+1.9% for the week)
- South Korea’s Kospi: -0.6% (+1.4% for the week)
- Australia’s ASX All Ordinaries: -0.3% (+1.7% for the week).
- STOXX Europe 600: -0.2% (+2.9% week-to-date)
- Germany’s DAX: +0.1% (+3.2% week-to-date)
- U.K.’s FTSE 100: UNCH (+2.8% week-to-date)
- France’s CAC 40: -0.1% (+2.0% week-to-date)
- Italy’s FTSE MIB: -0.1% (+3.3% week-to-date)
- Spain’s IBEX 35: -0.4% (+1.5% week-to-date).
Overnight Stories in Depth
Visit Traders Market Weekly: When The Rubber Meets The Road – TRADERS COMMUNITY for the daily calendar
Earnings Calendar For Today
- HRL Hormel Foods
- CIEN Ciena
- ARHS Arhaus
- HOV Hovnanian Enterprises
- LQDT Liquidity Services
- TRDA Entrada Therapeutics
- KALV Kalvista Pharmaceuticals
- HOFT Hooker Furnishings
- LEE Lee Enterprises
- EVFM Evofem Biosciences
- KRKR 36Kr Holdings
- ORCL Oracle
- AVGO Broadcom
- COST Costco Wholesale
- LULU Lululemon Athletica
- CHWY Chewy
- MTN Vail Resorts
- LESL Leslies
- CXM Sprinklr
- CMTL Comtech
- AOUT American Outdoor Brands
- SONX Sonendo
Any questions please feel free to ask them below. Trade Smart!
Have a great trading day!
RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITIES, STOCKS, FOREX, CRYPTO FUTURES OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT
This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not a direction to buy or sell the instruments discussed. It is imperative before trading you assess your individual risk, the market risk, taxation risk, your counterparties risk and your suitability to engage in any investment of trading financially, mentally or ethically or legally. This warning does not cover all possible risks and is for educational purposes only.
THE NFA in their disclosure statement discusses the characteristics and risks of standardized security futures contracts traded on regulated U.S. exchanges. At present, regulated exchanges are authorized to list futures contracts on individual equity securities registered under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (including common stock and certain exchange-traded funds and American Depositary Receipts), as well as narrow-based security indices. Futures on other
types of securities and options on security futures contracts may be authorized in the future.
It is advised and suggested before trading you read the risk disclosure documents of what and where you intend to trade. We have included the short form from the NFA, this is not to be taken as a be all and end all please continue with your own investigation of the markets or instruments you trade with.
Before trading go to: RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FOR SECURITY FUTURES CONTRACTS