Communications-s software company Twilio reported better than expected first-quarter earnings after the market Wednesday that sent the stock soaring over 40% $TWLO is benefitting from the stay at home economy, distributed contact centers and telehealth.
Communications-s software company Twilio reported better than expected first-quarter earnings after the market Wednesday that sent the stock soaring over 30% $TWLO is benefitting from the stay at home economy, distributed contact centers and telehealth.
Twlio has become a powerhouse of the gig, cloud and now the stay at home economy with many of it’s customers leaders in these fields like uber, lyft and Grubhub.
Twilio Inc NYSE: TWLO
Twilio Inc NYSE: TWLO Reported Earnings After Close Wednesday
$0.06 Met ($0.11) EPS Forecast And $365 Million Beat $331 Mil Revenue Forecast
Twilio Inc. reported fiscal first-quarter revenue and net income that topped Wall Street estimates. $TWLO reported a non-GAAP net income of $0.06 per share and a GAAP net loss of $0.68 per share. Revenue surged 57% to $365 million. This compared with a loss of $36.5 million, or 31 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue climbed from $233.1 million a year ago.
Analysts surveyed by FactSet had expected a loss of 11 cents a share on sales of $331 million.
Twilio Inc NYSE: TWLO
Market Reaction: $171.90 +49.49 (+40.43%)
- Active customer accounts rose 23% in the quarter to more than 190,000.
- Dollar-Based Net Expansion Rate, calculated using total revenue, was 143% for the first quarter of 2020, compared to 142% for the first quarter of 2019.
- Excluding the January 2020 contribution from Twilio SendGrid, the acquisition of which closed February 1, 2019, the dollar-based net expansion rate would have been 135% for the first quarter of 2020.
- 3,060 employees as of March 31, 2020.
- Application-to-person fees benefited total revenue by approximately $4 million and negatively impacted non-GAAP gross margin by approximately 70 basis points.
Twilio Guidance •Initiates Q2’20 guidance •Total revenue of $365 million to $370 million, up 33% to 35% year-over-year •Non-GAAP loss from operations of ($20) million to ($15) million •Non-GAAP loss per share of ($0.11) – ($0.08) •With the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing impact of COVID-19, Twilio is withdrawing its full year 2020 guidance.
About Twilio Inc.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. via Website
Source: Twlio, Alphastreet
From The TradersCommunity Research Desk