Enbridge Becomes Biggest North American Natural Gas Utility After Dominion Deals

Canadian pipeline operator Enbridge (ENB) on Tuesday said it is buying three utilities from Dominion Energy (D) for a combined value of $14 billion. The three utilities are East Ohio Gas Co, Questar Gas and Public Service Company of North Carolina for a combined value of $14 billion. The agreements will create the biggest natural-gas utility in North America. The terms include $9.4 billion of cash and $4.6 billion of assumed debt, Enbridge (ENB) said in a statement. Enbridge’s stock … Continue reading “Enbridge Becomes Biggest North American Natural Gas Utility After Dominion Deals”

Berkshire Hathaway Increases Stake to 75% of Cove Point LNG, Buys Out Dominion Energy

Berkshire Hathaway Energy (BRK.A) (BRK.B) announced on Monday it had it agreed to acquire Dominion Energy’s (D) 50% stake in the Cove Point LNG plant in Maryland in a deal valued at $3.3 Billion. Berkshire Hathaway Energy (BRK.A) (BRK.B) currently operates the facility and owns a 25% limited partner interest in Cove Point LNG, will own a 75% stake after the deal closes, with Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP) holding the remaining 25% interest. Robert Blue, Dominion’s chief executive, in a … Continue reading “Berkshire Hathaway Increases Stake to 75% of Cove Point LNG, Buys Out Dominion Energy”

Environmental Services Charah Solutions To Recycle 8.1 Million Tons of Coal Ash For Dominion

Environmental and Byproduct services provider Charah Solutions was awarded a marketing contract by Dominion Energy $D for the beneficiation and utilization of up to 8.1 million tons of reclaimed ponded coal ash. $CHRA opened up over 20% on the announcement.