Mexican business confidence improved to it’s best level in seven months in October. Confidence grew as the peso improved, easing of coronavirus lockdown restrictions and ahead of the US Presential elections, Mexico’s largest trading partner.
Seasonally adjusted manufacturing confidence index in Mexico rose to 41.5 in October of 2020 from an upwardly revised 40.7 in September. It was the highest reading in seven months.
- Sentiment improved regarding the country’s situation to 32.6 vs 32.3 in September
- Company’s situation (43.1 vs 41.4);
- Company investment (25.1 vs 23.8).
- Expectations over Mexicos future economic situation (50.3 vs 50.1);
- Company’s future situation (57.5 vs 56.7) strengthened.
Source: Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI)
From The TradersCommunity Research Desk