Iran’s energy sector is on high alert to the threat of “physical and cyber” attacks Iranian oil minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh said on Sunday.Iran continues to deny any link to the attacks on the Saudi Aramco facility two weeks ago,
Iran’s energy sector is on high alert to the threat of “physical and cyber” attacks Iranian oil minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh said on Sunday. Iran continues to deny any link to the attacks on the Saudi Aramco facility two weeks ago,
Zanganeh said “it is necessary for all companies and installations of the oil industry to be on full alert against physical and cyber threats,” in a statement published on the oil ministry’s Shana website. Zanganeh said precautions were needed due to American sanctions and the “full-scale economic war” that the Islamic republic accuses the United States of waging against it.
The statement comes after Washington, Riyadh, Berlin, London and Paris all blame Iran for attacks that damaged the Saudi oil sector on September 14 and forced the world’s largest crude exporter to sharply reduce production. Though much of that production was increased rather quickly.
Tehran has denied any link to the strikes, which were claimed by Houthi rebels in Yemen who are in a proxy war with Saudi Arabia. Iran supports the rebels against a Saudi-led coalition in a war since 2015.
US President Donald Trump several days after the attack later he endorsed military restraint, signalling his preference for intensifying a “maximum pressure” campaign through economic sanctions. Iran denied press reports on September 21 that its oil installations were disrupted by a cyber attack which had been reported by many main stream publications.
Source: Shana, EIA
From The TradersCommunity News Desk