After a series of weak housing data we get a chance to gage if this is just a breather or we are in for a more servere housing pullback. Ahead are earnings from KB Home $KBH, mortgage applications, house Prices, existing home sales and new home sales.
After a series of weak housing data we get a chance to gage if this is just a breather or we are in for a more servere housing pullback. Ahead are earnings from KB Home $KBH, mortgage applications, house prices, existing home sales and new home sales.
First up we get MBA mortgage applications and existing home sales on Wednesday, House Price Index and KB Home $KBH reports fiscal Q1 results late Thursday and on Friday we get new home sales. How much have the rising mortgage rates and mortgage interest rate deduction changes in the tax reforms impacted real estate markets?
Why The Concern?
Ahead This Week
Mortgage Applications – Wednesday
- 07:00 MBA 30-Year Mortgage Rate Previous 4.69%
- 07:00 MBA Mortgage Applications (WoW) 0.9%
- 07:00 MBA Purchase Index 246.5
- 07:00 Mortgage Market Index 387.4
- 07:00 Mortgage Refinance Index 1,159.3
Existing Home Sales – Wednesday
- 10:00 Existing Home Sales (MoM) (Feb) Exp 0.9% Prev -3.2%
- 10:00 Existing Home Sales (Feb) Exp 5.40M Prev 5.38M
House Price Index – Thursday
- 09:00 House Price Index (YoY) (Jan) 6.5%
- 09:00 House Price Index (MoM) (Jan) 0.3%
- 09:00 House Price Index (Jan) 256.9
KB Home $KBH Earnings – Thursday
- 16:00 KB Homes Q118 Earnings After Market Close
Earnings consensus is EPS doubling to 30 cents, with revenue rising to 8.3% to $887 million.
Previous $KBH Earnings
Latest Homebuilders Earnings
New Home Sales – Friday
- 10:00 New Home Sales (Feb) exp 620K prev 593K
- 10:00 New Home Sales (MoM) (Feb) exp 3.7% prev -7.8%
FOMC Governor Kashkari Speech – Friday
- 10:30 FOMC Member Kashkari Speaks
To finish off the week watch for Neel Kashkari as he is known to speak his mind and housing is more than likely to come up.
From The TradersCommunity Research Desk