What To Expect With Amazon $AMZN Earnings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ClemSnide
    Participant

[article]54[/article]

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

AMZN for me is the one that got away – am still waiting for that pullback. Bezos has been aggressive in buying more traditional assets, I suspect he also is surprised at how high the stock price has soared. Thanks you for the preview.

ClemSnide
    Participant

[quote=”Helmholtz Watson” post=217]AMZN for me is the one that got away – am still waiting for that pullback. Bezos has been aggressive in buying more traditional assets, I suspect he also is surprised at how high the stock price has soared. Thanks you for the preview.[/quote]

Ha ha I think there are a few of us rational ones missing this one. Glad you enjoyed it Helmholz. , I get a feeling AMZN earnings are like having dozens of Rob Schneiders from the Waterboy in the crowd yelling out ‘you can do it!’

Assistanc3
    Participant

I never listen to Jim Cramer’s show but I do read some of his posts in theStreet

Walmart and Microsoft Should Merge to Crush Amazon

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Amazon BIG EARNINGS MISS :
    Q2 EPS $0.40 vs. $1.42 Est.;
    Q2 Revs. $38.00B vs. $37.18B Est.

Wall Street had expected Amazon’s profit to drop to $1.42 per share from $1.78 per share a year ago.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Amazon.com, Inc. NASDAQ: AMZN
    After-hours: 1,017.98 – 28.02 (-2.68%)

After being as low as 1011 and change

ThePitBoss
    Participant

More:

Beat on revenue but a huge miss on earnings.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) revenue: $4.1 billion vs. $4.08 billion expected, according to FactSet

Amazon Web Services, continues to be the company’s fastest-growing and most profitable unit. .
    Amazon continues to expand internationally, rolling out Prime and other services in new regions. It just announced the launch of a new Prime Now service in Singapore.

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

[quote=”ThePitBoss” post=366]More:

Beat on revenue but a huge miss on earnings.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) revenue: $4.1 billion vs. $4.08 billion expected, according to FactSet

Amazon Web Services, continues to be the company’s fastest-growing and most profitable unit. .
    Amazon continues to expand internationally, rolling out Prime and other services in new regions. It just announced the launch of a new Prime Now service in Singapore.[/quote]

Already they bought the dip on it – doesnt matter it missed by a $1 – be interesting which way analysts go higher Cloud and revenue or missed EPS.?

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Some handy graphs from AlphaStreet

E-commerce giant $AMZN reported a 77% decrease in 2Q17 earnings hurt by higher costs. The company has been investing significantly in areas such as video content and in fast-growing economies such as India. Net income was $197MM or $0.40 per share in 2Q17 compared with $857MM or $1.78 per share in 2Q16.

During 2Q17, $AMZN’s net sales increased 25% to $38Bil compared with $30.4Bil in 2Q16. Excluding the $502MM unfavorable impact from YoY changes in foreign exchange rates throughout the quarter, net sales increased 26% compared with 2Q16.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

A few more

In 2Q17, $AMZN posted net sales of $22.3Bil in its North America segment, up 27% compared to 2Q16. In the International segment, net sales increased 17% to $11.4Bil. Net sales for AWS grew 42% to $4.1Bil versus the prior-year period.

[size=5]They are indeed a mainstream company doing some innovative things

as books become “extinct” in future (Siri will read to you – lol) … the company appears to adapt to popular goods & services quickly. I think Fortune noted their CEO is now richest in USA at $90B (just ahead of Bill Gates) … Given our slow recovery process & difficulty in implementing some govt. changes — it is a good report overall 🙂

and this has impacted traditional brick & mortar based firms[/size]

a “MISS” is still a “MISS” … and mainly wanted to note that Amazon’s CEO only briefly passed Bill Gates at peak intraday record … but with some selling pressure, Gates is back to #1 … both are right outside $90B each

ClemSnide
    Participant

[quote=”CautiousInvestor” post=382]a “MISS” is still a “MISS” … and mainly wanted to note that Amazon’s CEO only briefly passed Bill Gates at peak intraday record … but with some selling pressure, Gates is back to #1 … both are right outside $90B each[/quote]

Impressive climb to fame by Jeff Bezos – but it says a lot about the way the headline new richest man in the world is lauded by the press and the herd with all the bad going on.

I see AMZn as in a transition phase and I think BeEzos does with all these large takeovers FWIW

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

[quote=”ClemSnide” post=387][quote=”CautiousInvestor” post=382]a “MISS” is still a “MISS” … and mainly wanted to note that Amazon’s CEO only briefly passed Bill Gates at peak intraday record … but with some selling pressure, Gates is back to #1 … both are right outside $90B each[/quote]

Impressive climb to fame by Jeff Bezos – but it says a lot about the way the headline new richest man in the world is lauded by the press and the herd with all the bad going on.

I see AMZn as in a transition phase and I think BeEzos does with all these large takeovers FWIW[/quote]

Agree with your points – further on the political – recall he owns Washington Post and apparently the ‘liberals’ love him – this just gets more upside down. So let me get this right the richest man in the world – and how did he get there? A champion of the people yet his companies destroyed businesses and how many jobs lost and lives transformed?

ThePitBoss
    Participant

$AMZN announced Hulu has selected Amazon Web Services as its cloud provider, and leveraged AWS to launch its new, over-the-top (OTT) live TV service.

Hulu turned to AWS to support the addition of more than 50 live channels for the Hulu with Live TV launch in May 2017.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.