September Job Losses on Harvey and Irma

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TradersCom
    Keymaster

[article]250[/article]

^^^ THANK YOU … MINUS 33,000 (1st negative report since 2010) … futures are falling & good excuse for minor profit taking … like A3 noted – maybe a 1% dip 🙂

Super Harley
    Participant

Bigger drop than expected but lowest Unemployment since 2001

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Yes – its more about wages even though are skewed with high utility overtime and lower wages off line BUT previous all revised higher

TradersCom
    Keymaster

With seasonal retail hiring and return to work in fla/texas to help October / November numbers + construction, cleanup jobs etc – you can’t find a builder and many moved here from outer state for work – participation rate higher

ClemSnide
    Participant

Fed’s Bostic: US has seen sustained strong jobs growth says Skills firms are looking for differ from skills workers have and a lack of talent may affect firms’ decisions to invest

[size=5]I wonder if FED may delay DEC-2017 25 bps as

BAD NEWS on MAIN STREET sometimes equals GOOD NEWS at WALL STREET“[/size]

TradersCom
    Keymaster

[quote=”CautiousInvestor” post=2087][size=5]I wonder if FED may delay DEC-2017 25 bps as

BAD NEWS on MAIN STREET sometimes equals GOOD NEWS at WALL STREET“[/size][/quote]

I saw the former bond king Bill Gross says they will raise – next month all the recovery workers will probably show a spike in jobs.

Assistanc3
    Participant

[quote=”CautiousInvestor” post=2087][size=5]I wonder if FED may delay DEC-2017 25 bps as

BAD NEWS on MAIN STREET sometimes equals GOOD NEWS at WALL STREET“[/size][/quote]

I expect a hold on rates
    it would be the responsible thing to do to allow people to recovery after those hurricanes and those still pending.

The Fed used snowstorms (via BeigeBook) as an excuse to hold off on raising rates before
    if Fed raises rates, it will only show how much stronger the south is compared to the North East 😛

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=2123][quote=”CautiousInvestor” post=2087][size=5]I wonder if FED may delay DEC-2017 25 bps as

I expect a hold on rates
    it would be the responsible thing to do to allow people to recovery after those hurricanes and those still pending.

The Fed used snowstorms (via BeigeBook) as an excuse to hold off on raising rates before
    if Fed raises rates, it will only show how much stronger the south is compared to the North East :P[/quote]

If they raise it would underscore the contempt they hold for the man in the street after such tragedy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.