PBOC Should Tighten Monetary Plicy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

[article]286[/article]

ClemSnide
    Participant

Of course tightening in China is just not loosening it 🙂

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

Off Reuters Zhang Yiping, an economist at Merchants Securities:

“The economy is likely to slow steadily given that property investment and infrastructure investment could slow, although the impact from rising borrowing costs on the economy could be limited”

There is no concern over there from what I can see

ClemSnide
    Participant

From Barclays

China’s credit growth remained broadly steady in September, suggesting moderating but still-solid demand
    We expect the PBoC to maintain its monetary and regulatory policy tightening bias in the coming quarters

Hoping #1 and #2 economies do well in future & that trade conditions approve in months ahead. Based on one of top 5 market upticks of all time — things ain’t all that bad for either one 🙂

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

No and the recent BHP guidance suggests its rolling along for now.

Assistanc3
    Participant

+3

[quote=”ClemSnide” post=2387]Of course tightening in China is just not loosening it :)[/quote]

Assistanc3
    Participant

September loan data released on Saturday

In September, banks extended 1.27 trillion yuan ($193.05 billion) in net new yuan loans, compared with August’s 1.09 trillion yuan.

Household loans, mostly mortgages, rose to 734.9 billion yuan in September from 663.5 billion yuan in August, according to Reuters calculations based on the central bank’s data.

Household loans accounted for 58 percent of total new loans last month, down from 61 percent in August.

Short-term loans soared in the third quarter, increasing by 1.53 trillion yuan, almost three times higher than in the year-ago period, according to calculations by Wen Bin, an economist at Minsheng Bank in Beijing.

“A part of these funds are flowing illicitly to the property market and stock market,” said Wen.

Corporate loans in September were 463.5 billion yuan, down from 483 billion yuan a month earlier.

Broad M2 money supply (M2) in September grew 9.2 percent from a year earlier, beating forecasts for an 8.9 percent expansion, as August had.

Heidi Tait
    Participant

Where is the article here? The group wants Chinese govt to better control the property market and personal loans associated with it. That is what I gathered from what was written. But I see no article and everyone is talking about general tightening so, sorry but this is confusing. Thank you.

TradersCom
    Keymaster

[quote=”HeidsterTrades” post=2439]Where is the article here? The group wants Chinese govt to better control the property market and personal loans associated with it. That is what I gathered from what was written. But I see no article and everyone is talking about general tightening so, sorry but this is confusing. Thank you.[/quote]

The article ‘is the article’ reporting on the Think Tank and from what I get out of it is what you say they are addressing property and loans ahead of the China Congress – most likely to get discussion going in China for the PTB to gauge reaction.

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

[quote=”HeidsterTrades” post=2439]Where is the article here? The group wants Chinese govt to better control the property market and personal loans associated with it. That is what I gathered from what was written. But I see no article and everyone is talking about general tightening so, sorry but this is confusing. Thank you.[/quote]

Apologize for the confusion article is written using the think tanks highlights what they believe and then my opinion why it was delivered – sorry to confuse you the purpose was to inform as is all my writings. I will better link to sources going forward if available to avoid such confusion.

Heidi Tait
    Participant

Thanks! Helmholtz Watson

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

[quote=”HeidsterTrades” post=2446]Thanks! Helmholtz Watson[/quote]

No problem – thank you for commenting – glad you read my work. Here is one of my main sources: http://www.xinhuanet.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.