North and South Korean leaders DMZ summit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Assistanc3
    Participant

Kim Jong Un becomes first North Korean leader to cross line dividing the two Korea’s since fighting ended in the Korean War 65 years ago

“I feel like I’m firing a flare at the starting line in the moment of (the two Koreas) writing a new history in North-South relations, peace and prosperity,” Kim told Moon as they sat at a table, which had been built so that exactly 2018 millimetres separated them, to begin their closed-door talks.

The two Korean leaders spoke for 100 minutes during their morning meeting, South Korean presidential spokesman Yoon Young-chan said.

During their conversation, Yoon said Kim and Moon addressed the three top agenda items for the summit: denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula, improving relations, and seeking a formal peace settlement.

Yoon also said the two sides are in the process of drafting a joint declaration.

Assistanc3
    Participant

The end of the Korean War will be declared later this year, following an historic summit at Panmunjom between the two Koreas. North Korea’s Kim Jong Un & South Korea’s Moon Jae-in announced the 1953 armistice will be converted into a peace treaty.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un speaks after announcing that the Korean War will be formally ended: “It took a long time for the two Koreas to come together… South and North Korea are the same people, the same blood, they cannot be separated”

[color=purple][b]^^^ At the top of my own prayer list 8)

Just as one of greatest presidents in our lifetime noted to “tear down this wall”

I’d like to see #45 to tell them to “tear down this 38th parallel”

P.S. My favorite song about North Korea for those who know their history about 73 men aboard USS Pueblo ;)[/b][/color]

Assistanc3
    Participant

South Korea’s Foreign Minister tells Christiane Amanpour in Seoul that “clearly credit goes to President Trump” for bringing North Korea to the negotiating table. “He’s been determined to come to grips with this from day one,” Kang Kyung-wha says.

Christiane Amanpour
    Chief International Correspondent. Host of CNNi and PBS’s nightly global affairs program

Assistanc3
    Participant

South Korea’s president calls for Trump to get the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on North Korea

[b]YES – #45 should get NOBEL peace price … along with leaders of China & both Koreas even … It does seem real to me & hope so for sake of humanity … North Korea seems a change of heart now for a better way for a nation to live in our small planet.

I saw that spark of hope on Olympics opening day & that’s the way we should live with all mankind. I even had a vision that maybe #45 would be great POTUS in history (exceeding Ike, JFK, and Ronnie) — although I’m not sure as the dismal swamp may never be drained. It’s called the ART OF THE DEAL (which I got to get of to study – lol)[/b]

Assistanc3
    Participant

quote is from Art of the Deal

+3s … as NORTH KOREA FREES 3 AMERICANS 8) …. YAY & THANK GOD 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.