Netflix to Kick Ass With First Aquisition Comic Publisher Millarworld

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Super Harley
    Participant

[article]124[/article]

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Harley this has to be one of my favorite posts – I still love reading great comics and admiring great art work – great ay to zone out from the ‘real world’ and into other’s worlds with much more vibrant imagination than mine. I will be keeping an eye on the next installment in this story at Netflix.

Super Harley
    Participant

Cheers – awesome pic 🙂 – smart content shift I believe tying up names that can create so many more spin offs and the creators themselves.

Super Harley
    Participant

Netflix, Inc. finished up on NASDAQ $NFLX close 181.33 +1.06 (+0.59%)

Assistanc3
    Participant

Comic-Con is still the largest convention in the world
    it is also where comic/super hero movie trailers are introduced

well played Netflix

Super Harley
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=714]Comic-Con is still the largest convention in the world
    it is also where comic/super hero movie trailers are introduced

well played Netflix[/quote]

Gives them a ‘cool factor’ someone described it to me as yesterday.

Assistanc3
    Participant

David Letterman will return to TV in 2018 in a new Netflix series.

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

He was old and crusty at the end what will he be like now 🙂

Assistanc3
    Participant

[quote=”Helmholtz Watson” post=726]He was old and crusty at the end what will he be like now :)[/quote]

cheaper to produce

ClemSnide
    Participant

True – is it in the same format do you know – I tend to agree with Helmholtz he’s a crusty old geezer

Assistanc3
    Participant

I’m not sure the format, I can’t imagine it will be to far from what he has been doing for the past 100 years or however long he done his shows.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Walt Disney $DIS Earnings announced the eventual end of its deal with Netflix Inc.

The move is not immediate, content on Netflix $NFLX will remain until the end of 2019, the year that it plans to launch its own Disney-branded streaming service for Disney and Pixar content.

Netflix will continue to receive first-run rights for Disney movies released in theaters through the rest of this year and 2018, though movies released in 2019 like “Frozen 2” will remain with Disney.

“U.S. Netflix members will have access to Disney films on the service through the end of 2019, including all new films that are shown theatrically through the end of 2018,” a Netflix spokesman said in an emailed statement. “We continue to do business with the Walt Disney Company globally on many fronts, including our ongoing relationship with Marvel TV.”

Disney is still considering what it will do with other popular content, specifically productions from its Marvel and LucasFilms divisions. Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger said Tuesday that Disney is still considering what to do with those properties, which could still land on Netflix or a similar service.

Iger says “It’s possible we will continue to license them to a pay service like Netflix.”

Netflix will retain control over its Marvel superhero TV shows like “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones” and the soon-to-debut “The Defenders,” as that is considered Netflix original content. But movies like “Moana,” “Finding Dory,” “Rogue One” and “Dr. Strange” are expected to disappear from the service at the end of 2019 unless a new deal for Marvel and LucasFilms content is reached.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Netflix Inc. $NFLX shares were indicated down 3.7% at $171.80 after Disney announced it will be ending its Disney content deal with Netflix.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Jefferies reiterated Hold rating and kept $165 target price on Netflix $NFLX

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.