Market Weekly: Sep 1 – September 7 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

[color=purple][i][b][b]Where have we been and where are we … wishing all a great week ahead
    Happy LABOR DAY & glad Hurricane Dorian will be less of a direct hit to Florida
    Symbolically, traders come back to WALL ST on Tuesday from “vacation”
    and we see heavier volumes – however in our modern times computer trades reduce that affect
    Still this week might give direction & hopefully a trade deal can be made[/b][/b][/i][/color]

[article]1701[/article]

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Have a great weekend CI and thanks for all you do for Traders Community

Some great BBQ for us come Monday:

Traeger BBQ Brisket

Difficulty 4/5 Prep time 12 HRS Cook time 9 HRS Serves 8-12 Hardwood Hickory

This brisket is given a Traeger Beef Rub coating then smoked low n’ slow to tender perfection.
    Ingredients
    1 (12-14 lb) Whole Packer Brisket
    Traeger Beef Rub, as needed

Preparation

Coat meat liberally with Traeger Beef Rub. When seasoned, wrap brisket in plastic wrap. Let the wrapped meat sit 12 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.

When ready to cook, set the Traeger to 225℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.

Place meat fat side down on the grill grate and cook for 6 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160℉. Remove brisket from the grill and wrap in foil.

Place foiled brisket back on grill and cook until it reaches a finished internal temperature of 204℉ this should take an additional 3-4 hours.

Remove from grill and allow to rest in the foil for at least 30 minutes. Slice. Enjoy!

*Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.

TradersCom
    Keymaster

NHC latest for HurricaneDorian2019 11.00 ET Sat

Truman
    Participant

The short term forecast for Hurricane #Dorian is definitely concerning.

The center will likely remain offshore but the margin for error is only 10s of miles between major hurricane conditions vs. not.

ECMWF 06z model –

https://twitter.com/i/status/1168149358270984192

Truman
    Participant

Hurricane Dorian took advantage of deep warm water — like high octane fuel — to intensify to Category 5 (160 mph). It was only a matter of time.

The Abaco and Grand Bahama islands will experience catastrophic conditions for next 48 hours.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Consumers Getting No Benefit From Interest Rate Collapse For Personal Debt

In fact getting even more screwed by the Banks

185mph …CAT5 … barometer=911mb :woohoo:
    ties for most POWERFUL of ALL TIME measured in ATLANTIC :ohmy:
    Thank God eyewall will stay off shore for a while (v. direct hit)
    although this is STILL very dangerous to those in path
    Special prayers for Bahamas & Florida[/b][/color]

[size=5]SWEDEN geo-storm at sunset just became wallpaper on my PCs 🙂
    in 1859 spaceweather.com notes powerful EMP event called the “Carrington CME” :blush:[/size]
    http://www.spaceweather.com/

160 YEARS AGO, A GEOMAGNETIC MEGA-STORM — Picture this: A billion-ton coronal mass ejection (CME) slams into Earth’s magnetic field. Campers in the Rocky Mountains wake up in the middle of the night, thinking that the glow they see is sunrise. No, it’s the Northern Lights. People in Cuba read their morning paper by the red illumination of aurora borealis. Earth is peppered by particles so energetic, they alter the chemistry of polar ice. Hard to believe? It really happened–exactly 160 years ago. This map shows where auroras were sighted in the early hours of Sept. 2, 1859:

[b][color=purple][i]HAPPY LABOR DAY 2019 HOLIDAY to all 🙂
    markets reopen tomorrow with possibly higher volumes to symbolize tradings going back to work :whistle:
    I’ve nicknamed the “day after” Labor Day” as “BACK TO WORK day” :ohmy:
    as usually projects crank up with more fervor & work than summer months :woohoo:
    or at least it does for us 😆

More on holiday in wiki link below:[/i][/color][/b]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

Offshore yuan hits new record low 7.188 on US China failed meeting news

Prev lows was 7.18275 level from August 26

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

[size=5][b]Call of British general election if government loses vote on Tuesday
    [/b][/size]
    Senior UK government official makes it official

expect governments present motion to Parliament calling for an election if government loses votes on Tuesday
    expected vote on holding an election to be held on Wednesday
    likely election date would be October 14
    if lawmakers rejected rebels plan, the government will not hold vote on having an election
    vote on having an election would require two thirds majority to pass
    conservative lawmakers who vote against government on Tuesday would lose party whip
    PM continues to be keen to engage with other lawmakers on this issue
    cabinet shared PM’s apprehension of an election, but recognized UK negotiating position cannot be undermined
    would expect EU sharp as to keep negotiating in coming days

TradersCom
    Keymaster

[size=5][color=red][b]US July construction spending +0.1% vs +0.3% expected
    Prior -1.3% (revised to -0.7%)
    [/b][/color][/size]

Rose at seasonally adjusted annual rate of USD 1.29 trillion in July of 2019
    Investment in public construction rose 0.4 percent, after a 3.1 percent slump in June, as spending on state and local government construction projects rebounded 0.6 percent.
    Spending on private construction decreased 0.1 percent, down from a 0.1 percent gain.

Construction Spending in the United States averaged 0.44 percent from 1964 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 5.90 percent in April of 1978 and a record low of -4.80 percent in February of 1975.

[size=5][i]LOL – today was “back to work” day for me big time
    or as I noted to friends in office a “double Monday” :woohoo:
    Markets are worried about bonds, possible worldwide recession,
    the new China tariffs, and even the next tweet :ohmy: [/i][/size]

[color=red][size=5][b]Dow 26,118.02 -285.26 -1.08%
    S&P 500 2,906.27 -20.19 -0.69%
    Nasdaq 7,874.16 -88.72 -1.11%
    Gold 1,556.30 26.90 1.76%
    Oil 53.93 -1.17 -2.12%[/b][/size][/color]

GREEN
    before they ripen :whistle: … as we had beautiful homegrown peaches
    Georgia Belle is very sweet white peach — and this was 1st year for young tree
    we had 1/2 bushel & thankfully got about half of crop harvested
    I was trying to ripen on tree but Bambi & company devored most of them
    including our best ones overnight – lol :woohoo:

we live in 7 acre paradise which used to be apple orchard & deer abound 😆
    Today I saw a super-buck that looked like Hartford Ins. co deer as it was 8 or 10 pointer 🙂
    Also had close encounters as some of the apples are falling & deer think I’m feeding them
    and some members of herd are actually tame & I can take some close photos.

Plus we are blessed with super crop of tomatoes, some Cayanee peppers
    and 2 dozen acid free white cherry tomato plants & even catalopes 8)[/b][/i][/color]

Thanking our creator for these blessings — even in spite of all the critters – lol

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

Amazing – nature is amazing – thanks for sharing CI

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.