Market Weekly: Nov 6 Nov 10 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Assistanc3
    Participant

[article]364[/article]

Assistanc3
    Participant

Do the Aramco IPO in the U.S., Trump asks Saudis over Twitter

[tweet]926793510723796993[/tweet]

Assistanc3
    Participant

Did you know, the dairy lobby in Canada has as much power to legislate as the NRA does in the USA.

Assistanc3
    Participant

Assistanc3
    Participant

The Spanish bond market is stronger than Catalonia’s independence crisis

^^^ +3 ,,, thank you for excellent insight for the coming week … we start this trading week on a sad note with mass shooting in church in Texas and my heart breaks each time these events occur … May TRUTH & JUSTICE rule in the coming days to reduce likelihood of future incidents as close to zero as possible

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=2976]The Spanish bond market is stronger than Catalonia’s independence crisis

Looking at the high yield there was barely a flight from capital there

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

The shooter was ex air force discharged, beat up his spouse previously did a year – these types unfortunately are on the street and look what can happen – very sad and a real worry

Assistanc3
    Participant

sadly

Americans are taught not to say Merry Christmas either
    …because it is “offensive” to everyone but Christians

The shooter preached atheism online

former schoolmate, Nina Rose Nava, said she had just deleted the 26-year-old man as a friend on Facebook because of his posts.

“I legit just deleted him off my fb cause I couldn’t stand his post,” Nava wrote. “He was always talking about how people who believe in God we’re stupid and trying to preach his atheism.”

This is the type of person the “liberal left” are creating
    WHILE at the same time trying to take away peoples legal right to self protect themselves

Assistanc3
    Participant

$AMD and $INTC plan to partner for PC chip production.

Assistanc3
    Participant

Sprint, T-Mobile call off merger talks

Broadcom officially offers to acquire Qualcomm for $70 per share in a $130B cash and stock deal.

ClemSnide
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=2987]sadly

Americans are taught not to say Merry Christmas either
    …because it is “offensive” to everyone but Christians

The shooter preached atheism online

former schoolmate, Nina Rose Nava, said she had just deleted the 26-year-old man as a friend on Facebook because of his posts.

“I legit just deleted him off my fb cause I couldn’t stand his post,” Nava wrote. “He was always talking about how people who believe in God we’re stupid and trying to preach his atheism.”

This is the type of person the “liberal left” are creating
    WHILE at the same time trying to take away peoples legal right to self protect themselves[/quote]

Some argue atheism in itself is a fervent religion and the bloodshed here was fueled by hate and mental illness to take it a house of worship crosses many lines of freedom yet that is barely mentioned in fact the hate from anti Christians comes out sadly with the social media warriors. A very sad indictment on the human race.

UPDATE – Texas shooter attacked church that his in-laws attended & they were actually not there that Sunday … earlier in youth he was on special behavior control drugs for 3 years, plus bitterness of divorce, year of prison time for spousal abuse, & turning to dark side of force are all factors. And lack of enforcement of gun laws could be a factor as well.

Assistanc3
    Participant

China’s top five smartphone companies grew in market share in Q3 despite the overall market dropping 1% on the year, according to IDC.

The top five’s market share grew from 65.2% in 3Q16 to 76% this year.

Huawei topped the market with 22.3M units shipped, up 23.4%, with a 19.4% share.

OPPO came second with 21.6M units, up 7.5%, and an 18.8% share.

Vivo shipped 18.9M units and was the only company down on the year with a 1.8% decline.

Xiaomi (Private:XI) shipments grew nearly 57% on the year to 15.7M units and a 13.7% share.

Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) grew 7.3% to 8.8M units and a 7.7% market share. The company’s most recent earnings report showed its first gains in the Chinese market in six quarters.

https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prAP43197917

Assistanc3
    Participant

At the close
    Dow +0.04% to 23,548.94. S&P +0.13% to 2,591.28. Nasdaq +0.33% to 6,786.58.
    Treasurys: 30-year +0.27%. 10-yr +0.1%. 5-yr +0.03%.
    Commodities: Crude +3.11% to $57.37. Gold +0.98% to $1,281.70.
    Currencies: Euro +0.02% vs. dollar. Yen -0.25%. Pound -0.71%.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.