Market Weekly: Nov 30 Dec 1 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Assistanc3
    Participant

[article]405[/article]

Assistanc3
    Participant

Crude Oil closed out the week at its highest level in more than 2 years, now up 10% on the year.

US Home Construction ETF closes at its highest level since May 2006,

US Treasury Yields: highest weekly close since 2008 for 1 month through 2 years. Market preparing for Dec Fed Hike

US 3-month to yield almost 1% more than German 10-year bonds

^^^^^ +3 and THANK YOU for excellent insight for coming week ahead … and as we enter the month of DECEMBER … did someone say December — wow, this year has flown by ๐Ÿ™‚ The financial version of the DAILY PLANET continues full steam ahead for 2018 8) 8) 8)

The “Men in Black” are indeed on the lookout for any GOLD or BITCOIN activities ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

[size=5]BITCOIN moves past $9,000 as GREED ensues over reason with folks not wanting to “miss out” … I almost setup my PCs at home to do some “mining” in early days, but did not understand potential at the timeof this or something called “BLOCK CHAINING” … Another one that I missed for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

INVESTORS DO NOT WANT TO BE LEFT OUT — WALL ST GREED is fueling this explosive & highly speculative growth. It’s probably go much higher per coin until a great bear correction takes place later where it’s too speculative

Being in computer field — BITCOIN is becoming official currency of the Internet … the advantage of BITCOIN is instant clearing of transactions verses a bank where they may sit on items to clear for a few days — that’s how banks make their $$$ … There is also greater anonymity & privacy in transactions … Finally, major firms like Amazon and others can accept them …

BITCOIN is more for future than today … Investors see this as the next Paypal, Amazon, or other trendy e-commerce technology.

WALL ST JOURNAL – past 9,000
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-surges-past-9-000-in-fastest-thousand-point-milestone-1511763121%5B/size%5D

HOLY TOLEDO … From $9,000 to $9,600 $9,700 in just HOURS of TIME
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BTCUSD%3DX?p=BTCUSD%3DX

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

Money Never Sleeps … Bitcoin over $9600 last time I looked – trading over the weekend!!! I knew to not have all that turkey and ham – costly (slaps self)

[size=5]Cryptocurrency – Ten risks for BITCOIN and other digital currencies

Bitcoin is currently the leading worldwide cryptocurrency & it is quickly becoming a popular alternative form of payment electronically. The SANS Internet Storm Center shares an awareness of the risks associated with trusting a decentralized currency system that is based more on technology than human controls (e.g., there is no official government entity to help back currency valuations or protect against unauthorized access)

https://isc.sans.edu/forums/diary/9+Fast+and+Easy+Ways+To+Lose+Your+Crypto+Coins/23071/

So how are bad guys abusing this system?

1 – Crypto Pick Pockets — A wallet is a secret key, and the key itself is a file that can be copied (stolen) just like any other file. Various pieces of malware have also started stealing cryptocurrency wallets just like they steal credit card numbers.

2 – Rogue Crypto Currency Miners — The problem with mining cryptocurrencies is that it is a computationally expensive process. Thee miscreant will compromise systems, and install mining software on them. The victim is stuck with the power bill, and the miscreant will earn the cryptocurrency.

3 – Cryptojacking Javascript Miners — An exploit-free option, that has become quite popular recently is the use of Javascript miners.

4 – Phishing — Good old phishing is often used to extract credentials for currency exchanges from users. These phishing attacks have become quite sophisticated and in some cases exceed the quality of an average online banking phish.

5 – Attacks Against Mining Equipment — If an attacker has access to the equipment via SSH, they can use the username and password to take over the equipment and have it mine for the new owner.

6 – Attacking APIs — Ethereum nodes have an optional RPC interface that can be used to control the node without any authentication.

7 – Weak Random Numbers — As mentioned above, the security of your bitcoin wallet depends on a secret key. If this secret key is not random, then an attacker is able to guess it and take over your wallet without ever touching your system.

8 – Stealing Power — You got a high-end cryptocurrency mining rig, but the power bill is eating all your profits? Use someone else’s power. For example, having a mining rig under a work desk to use company power.

9 – Don’t make backups — It is your sole responsibility to guard the wallet. If the wallet is every lost (for example a crashed hard drive), then you will have no way to recover your money. One common way is to create a “paper wallet” (print the key, typically in the form of a QR code). Only keep the money you currently need in electronic form. It is easy to copy the paper wallet. But again: Make sure you don’t let other’s see the code.

10. With cryptocurrencies, there are no bank or other institutions or regulations that will cover you in case of a loss. If a bitcoin exchange goes under, or if it turns out to be fraudulent, then there is very little you can do to get your money back. As they say: With great freedom comes great responsibility.
    [/size]

[b][color=green][size=5]Dow Jones 23,580.78 +22.79 (0.10%)
    S&P 500 2,601.42 -1.00 (-0.04%)
    Nasdaq 6,878.52 -10.64 (-0.15%)[/size][/color][/b]

Assistanc3
    Participant

US Oct Trade deficit widens to $68.3B

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Ten Risks for Bitcoin and Other Digital Currencies
    https://traderscommunity.com/index.php/forex/407-ten-risks-for-bitcoin-and-other-digital-currencies

Great article has received great engagement in tweetersphere CI ๐Ÿ™‚

[tweet]935270723723104256[/tweet]

Assistanc3
    Participant

At the close

Dow +1.1% to 23,839.79. S&P +0.99% to 2,627.32. Nasdaq +0.49% to 6,912.03.
    Treasurys: 30-year -0.75%. 10-yr -0.26%. 5-yr -0.18%.
    Commodities: Crude -0.34% to $57.91. Gold -0.18% to $1,292.10.
    Currencies: Euro -0.48% vs. dollar. Yen +0.22%. Pound -0.31%.

Assistanc3
    Participant

I don’t always move markets
    but when I do

its because I am awake during the day ๐Ÿ™‚

Assistanc3
    Participant

CNN has not updated anything substantial since 2pm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.