Market Weekly: May 17 – 23 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

[color=black][i][b]Where have we been and where are we …. wishing all a great & safe week ahead πŸ™‚
    Will be a rainy week to help our gardens….Arthur is 1st tropical storm & near Virginia Beach
    DOW is up +700 points to start week off with a BANG
    as USA goes

[article]2066[/article]

Ohhhh the humanity — even the great BUCKS in SW Virginia are wearing masks πŸ˜†

ThePitBoss
    Participant

[color=green][size=5]European indices Big Move Up Today With US markets and then help from the German France proposed reconstruction plan.

France’s CAC, +5.25%
    German DAX, +5.67%
    Italy’s FTSE MIB +3.32%
    Portugal’s PSI 20+4.4%
    Spain’s Ibex, +4.5%
    UK’s FTSE, +4.3%
    [/size][/color]

[color=limegreen][size=6][b] Dow 24,597.37 911.95 3.85%
    S&P 500 2,953.91 90.21 3.15%
    Nasdaq 9,234.83 220.27 2.44%
    GlobalDow 2,640.69 90.93 3.57%
    Gold 1,735.90 1.50 0.09%
    Oil 32.91 1.09 3.43% [/b][/size][/color]

[size=5][i]and a “FAV” song of all time in honor of 1st tropical storm of 2020 & great finish today
    “If you get caught between the MOON & NYC – the best you can do is fall in love 8)[/i][/size]

HOLY HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE πŸ˜‰ :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

[size=5][b][color=purple]Hopeful that INDIA & Bangladesh are spared severe impacts ahead :ohmy:
    by Super cyclone “AMPHAN” — CAT 5 with 165mpn winds[/color]
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/asia/super-cyclone-amphan-india-banglash-intl-hnk/index.html%5B/b%5D%5B/size%5D

Truman
    Participant

Nancy Pelosi Fat Shames President Trump Calling Him ‘morbidly obese.’

In response to the shocking news that President Donald Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine in an attempt to ward off the coronavirus, CNN’s Anderson Cooper asked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi what she made of that decision.

Here’s what she said:

“As far as the President is concerned, he’s our President and I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group — morbidly obese, they say. So, I think it’s not a good idea.”

[color=purple][size=5][i]While I’m even more of a conservative than “R” party currently is :whistle:
    No matter who the POTUS is — they should be in our prayers at all times
    as I liked a few things #44 did & every POTUS + their family have always been in my prayers

With that said VP JOE is not surging ahead … He’s having major gaffs in all of video rallies so far
    That includes WILD GEESE squawking in the last one – LOL … Lots of slurring of words, etc.
    And in earlier days as more of “blue dog” — he would be much better candidate than in 2020

While I like most actions of #45 — I’m still open minded to pick very best choice ahead for NOV 3
    But will be voting for most conservative candidate —- even if like last time I had to pick lesser of 2 evils πŸ‘Ώ
    I’m hoping to wake up & discover this has all been a SCI-FI dream rather than reality
    and otherwise will make the best of each day 8)

In honor of the wonderful GEESE in Delaware – lol πŸ˜‰ :)[/i][/size][/color]

[color=red][size=5][b] Dow 24,206.86 -390.51 -1.59%
    S&P 500 2,922.94 -30.97 -1.05%
    Nasdaq 9,185.10 -49.72 -0.54%
    GlobalDow 2,634.33 -6.36 -0.24%
    Gold 1,748.80 14.40 0.83%
    Oil 32.36 0.54 1.70%[/b][/size][/color]

[size=5][i]One of best Celtic groups does 19 min.LIVE rendition
    of “DREAMS” by Fleetwood Mac 8) [/i][/size]

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

[size=5]Trump signs executive order to cut regulations that ‘impede economic recovery’[/size]

President Donald Trump on Tuesday signed an executive order he said was aimed at cutting regulations that hamper economic recovery, as the U.S. tries to emerge from the coronavirus pandemic. Speaking at a cabinet meeting at the White House, Trump said the order will instruct federal agencies “to use any and all authority to waive, suspend and eliminate unnecessary regulations that impede economic recovery.” Trump told members of his cabinet that the order will give them “great authority” to slash regulations. The meeting followed Trump’s lunch with Senate Republicans on subjects including the next round of coronavirus aid.

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

Singapore is discussing reopening border / travel with Australia, New Zealand, China, South Korea

SG looking at reopening a travel bubble for the country

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

After Powell Sunday and last few days we get Federal Reserve FOMC minutes Wednesday

Federal Open Market Committee minutes due 20 May 2020

Monetary policy was left unchanged at the April meeting. The minutes will be looking through for any clues or discussions that that took place on any new potential policies the Bank is considering, and what the Committee had to say, if anything, on negative rates.

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology on return to work

– says 95.4% of major industrial firms employees have returned to work
    – around 99.1% of sizeable industrial companies in China have resumed operations as of May 18
    – 95.4% of their employees had returned to work

ThePitBoss
    Participant

US Treasury 20-year sales today for the first time in 34 years.

The initial auction of $20 billion is a reminder of how much debt the US is piling on. The notes are trading at 1.230%-1.220% on bid/ask in the when-issued market. That puts them much closer to 30-year bonds (1.44%) than 10-years (0.71%).

“An auction concession of some sort is warranted; although we anticipate the new issue will be well absorbed even if it comes at a modest discount,” writes Ian Lyngen, head of US rates strategy at BMO.

[i][b]WOW – Stock market soaring +456 points into the GREEN πŸ˜‰ 8)
    Daily I check out the “end of world” DRUDGE news — for latest in gloom & doom :ohmy:
    Politics & news media sink to new lows — and not all #45s fault either (as he fights back) :whistle:

Wait until “Obama-gate” secret items get declassified items in months ahead :whistle:
    maybe as “October surprise”– as #44 ADMIN & even VP Joe was involved in spying, unmasking, etc.
    BEFORE #45 was in office to “entrap” folks or dig up political dirt. 😳

And bet #45 has that as “ace in hole” — for all the dirty politics ahead πŸ˜‰
    Still our “incompetent
    POTUS is a “bad putty kat” at times – even though will vote for him in NOV 3rd
    And I am not a full supporter of ALL actions — it’s the lesser of 2 evils – lol πŸ‘Ώ

COVID-19 has even infected mother nature as seen in these
    COVID-19 shaped HAILSTONES πŸ˜‰ :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: [/b][/i]

ThePitBoss
    Participant

[quote=”ThePitBoss” post=13580]US Treasury 20-year sales today for the first time in 34 years.

The initial auction of $20 billion is a reminder of how much debt the US is piling on. The notes are trading at 1.230%-1.220% on bid/ask in the when-issued market. That puts them much closer to 30-year bonds (1.44%) than 10-years (0.71%).

“An auction concession of some sort is warranted; although we anticipate the new issue will be well absorbed even if it comes at a modest discount,” writes Ian Lyngen, head of US rates strategy at BMO.[/quote]
    [b]
    US 20-Year Bond Auction:[/b]

– High Yield Rate: 1.220% – WI: 1.213%
    – Bid-Cover Ratio: 2.530
    – Direct Accepted: 14.710%
    – Indirect Accepted: 60.728%

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.