Market Weekly: Mar 19 Mar 23 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Assistanc3
    Participant

Join our weekly market thread on Traders Community

[article]655[/article]

[size=5][color=green][b]^^^ +3 and THANK YOU 😆
    yes, if we educate ourselves & follow prudent investment advice 🙂
    it can lead to great things 8) 8) 8)[/b][/color][/size]

[color=red][size=5][b]Dow Jones Industrial Average 24,610.91 −335.60 (1.35%)
    S&P 500 Index 2,715.24 −36.77 (1.34%)
    Nasdaq Composite 7,344.24 −137.74 (1.84%)
    Russell 2000 Index 1,570.55 −15.50 (0.98%)[/b][/size][/color]

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Whats this Facebook they speak of?

[color=teal][b]or as I often call it “FAKEBOOK” ….. as my account is often hit by “strange friend requests” that are often used for fraudulent & data mining & impersonation purposes … as I’ve taught computer security classes in past — “don’t put anything on FB that you would not want on front page of newspaper or in your church bulletin 😉 :woohoo: Beware of GEEKS baring GIFTS also applies :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

It can be a HACKERS PARADISE for the inexperienced user — which is why I lie low there & adhere to best practices & only “friend” true KNOWN friends… if careful it can be safely used — but it mainly requires good judgement & “verify before you trust”[/b][/color]

if FED raises 25-BPS — we could go BEARISH sentiment (that move plus tariffs) … and I’m thinking even possibility of retesting 2018 LOWs to see they hold?

Assistanc3
    Participant

Assistanc3
    Participant

US President Trump said to be preparing $60bn China tariffs by Friday

confirmed by four senior administration officials.

FUTURES are down a little for start on 1st day of SPRING … yet we have SNOW on the way … still we’ll return to warmer temps in about a week or so . 🙂 ..

[b][size=5]SPRING SOLSTICE = 12:15 EDT today
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(season)%5B/size%5D%5B/b%5D

[b]FACEBOOK = down 5% for year & struggling in 2018 … while they won’t become next “MySpace” they are making less on advertising & FB is “square” for youth of today – who use older cooler social apps more based on smartphone technology rather than PCs … so FB is less prominent today than a few years ago 😳

LATEST DEVELOPMENT — Cambridge Analytica data mined 50 million users … and for the Trump campaign :woohoo: … although I do not see anything wrong with that 😉 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-suddenly-reeling-194027399.html

Until now. Facebook’s shares dropped by nearly 7% on March 19, the biggest one-day decline since the aftermath of the tech giant’s rocky IPO back in 2012. The selloff follows exposes published by the New York Times and the Observer of London showing how a political research firm working for Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016 exploited sensitive data belonging to as many as 50 million Facebook users in the United States. The firm, Cambridge Analytica, used that data to identify voters susceptible to persuasion and make sure they saw ads or other content that praised Trump or bashed his opponents, including Hillary Clinton.[/b]

Assistanc3
    Participant

btfd on FB

Facebook is huge and people have invested so much time in it
    if people really cared about privacy they wouldn’t have been on it to begin with

look at how many companies in the past 5 years have had data breaches and no one bats an eye

Facebook is a data gold mine
    nothing comes close

Assistanc3
    Participant

dunno about closing green today
    probably be mixed with 1 of the 3 majors being green (S&P500)

I’ll pump it up tomorrow 😛

Assistanc3
    Participant

“Wall Street opens higher as financials gain”

Assistanc3
    Participant

guess who’s birthday it is

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.