Market Weekly: Jan 27 2018 – Feb 2 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

[color=purple][size=5][i]Where have we been and where are we…
    Wishing all a great week ahead as POLAR vortex is on the way for upper mid-west :ohmy:
    for possibly COLDEST in 20 years mid-week (Chicago may go near -20F as nightly LOW)

Thank God, the GOVT has re-opened at least for now – and may give more confidence to markets in short term
    and it is likely a SHUTDOWN 2.0 won’t happen — but an emergency declaration if no agreement reached[/i][/size][/color]

[article]1325[/article]

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Noticed BDI has broken down through support not supporting these higher commodities prices and stock market rallies, is in line with the Harpex index also. Keep an eye on which catches up IMHO

Truman
    Participant

Thanks CI for another great overview – yes the shutdown is over and I agree while they are saying Trump capitulated he seemed to be the only one who showed any compassion to the workers, whether he does is another point. However Pelosi and Schumer from where I stand really are all about notching a win for a win’s sake and if you get on social media I read nothing but hatred and mocking of anything Trump – much deserved.

But gosh I would hate to be a generally poor and disadvantaged person if this is what the support network is. I just don’t get it anymore first they mock pulling out of Iran, now they mock giving people pay for 3 weeks. So in 3 weeks nothing gives, Trump declares an emergency it is shuffled up to the SCOTUS after the Democrats spend more money fighting it. Trump wins, wall is built and then if he’s smart pushes a bill to reward all those that lost money as employees to the extent you can. What happens there? I guess the whole Dem plan revolves around Mueller putting everyone away for conspiracy, I am an intrigued how that doesn’t apply to both sides of the aisle.

It’s a strange world when Trump is the compassionate one!

Anyway just Sunday morning differing from here – have a great week all.

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

Blarney the left hand doesn’t even know what the right hand is thinking anymore – no pun intended.

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Chicago Fed Dec national activity index +0.27 the highest since August

– +0.21 prior revised from +0.22

ThePitBoss
    Participant

[b]2-year $40 billion US Treasury auction[/b]

2.6000% vs 2.606% WI yield
    Prior 2.619%
    Bid to cover at 2.56 vs 2.31

Last month, the Treasury also sold $40 billion worth of two-year notes, drawing a high yield of 2.619 percent and a bid-to-cover ratio of 2.31.

The ten previous two-year note auctions had an average bid-to-cover ratio of 2.68.

Next up the Treasury is due to sell $41 billion worth of 5 year today and $32 billion worth of seven-year notes on Tuesday.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

European Stockmarkets start week off down

[color=red]France: CAC 40 4888.58 -37.24 -0.76%
    Germany: DAX 11210.31 -71.48 -0.63%
    Italy: FTSE MIB 19608.13 -202.39 -1.02%
    Spain: IBEX 35 9062.40 -122.80 -1.34%
    UK: FTSE 100 6747.10 -62.12 -0.91%
    [/color]

[color=red][size=5][b]PPPPLLLLUUUNNNGGGGGEEEE … PPT is frozen in CHICAGO :ohmy:
    DOW is off about 300 points down (Nvidia is down 15% as tech stocks sink) :unsure:
    The BEARS & WALL STREET VULTURES await the feast at 4pm :woohoo:[/b][/size][/color]

[size=5][b][color=red]Dow 24,528.22 -208.98 -0.84%
    S&P 500 2,643.85 -20.91 -0.78%
    Nasdaq 7,085.68 -79.18 -1.11%[/color]
    Gold 1,309.40 5.20 0.40%
    Oil 52.16 -1.53 -2.85%[/b][/size]

[color=purple][size=5][i]GOOD TUESDAY Morning to all 8)
    DOW FUTURES are flat this morning – as we await the POLAR VORTEX
    COLD & SNOW extend almost all down to the Gulf area on national map[/i][/size][/color]

[color=aqua][size=5][b]BRRRRRRRRRR … Bundle up & prayers of protection for homeless
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-cold-weather-20190127-story.html
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-to-bring-prolonged-life-threatening-cold-outbreak-to-midwestern-us-this-week/70007262%5B/b%5D%5B/size%5D%5B/color%5D

KnovaWave
    Participant

Meanwhile Natural Gas Futures have Collapsed now to 2.82 another 5% heading into expiration – will see what the close brings

[color=teal][size=5][b]LOL @ #45 “tweet storm” this morning in talking about POLAR WAVE …
    What ever happened to GLOBAL WARMING – come back we need you” ;)[/b][/size][/color]

[color=teal][size=5][b]and here’s hoping this scientific discover is as good as it’s hyped up to be … it follows research leading to 2018 Nobel prize research in this area 8) It is designed to kill the cancer itself rather than target an area of human cells as in most treatments today

Israeli scientists say they think they found cure for cancer
    https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/A-cure-for-cancer-Israeli-scientists-say-they-think-they-found-one-578939
    [/b][/size][/color]

[size=5][color=purple][i]We believe we will offer in a year’s time a complete cure for cancer,” said Dan Aridor, of a new treatment being developed by his company, Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies Ltd. (AEBi), which was founded in 2000 in the ITEK incubator in the Weizmann Science Park. AEBi developed the SoAP platform, which provides functional leads to very difficult targets.

“Our cancer cure will be effective from day one, will last a duration of a few weeks and will have no or minimal side-effects at a much lower cost than most other treatments on the market,” Aridor said. “Our solution will be both generic and personal.” Aridor, chairman of the board of AEBi and CEO Dr. Ilan Morad, say their treatment, which they call MuTaTo (multi-target toxin) is essentially on the scale of a cancer antibiotic – a disruption technology of the highest order.

The potentially game-changing anti-cancer drug is based on SoAP technology, which belongs to the phage display group of technologies. It involves the introduction of DNA coding for a protein, such as an antibody, into a bacteriophage – a virus that infects bacteria. That protein is then displayed on the surface of the phage. Researchers can use these protein-displaying phages to screen for interactions with other proteins, DNA sequences and small molecules.

In 2018, a team of scientists won the Nobel Prize for their work on phage display in the directed evolution of new proteins …..
    [/i][/color][/size]

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

[color=red][b]S&P Case Shiller HPI for November 0.3% v 0.4% MoM
    YoY index 4.68% v 4.9% estimate
    [/b][/color]

Note prior month revised lower to 5.02% from 5.03% previously
    US HPI 5.19% gain v 5.33% prior revised down from 5.48%

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

[quote=”KnovaWave” post=9523]Meanwhile Natural Gas Futures have Collapsed now to 2.82 another 5% heading into expiration – will see what the close brings[/quote]

Rallied about 10 cents into the start of the settlement range

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.