Market Weekly: Jan 15 Jan 19 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Assistanc3
    Participant

This weeks U.S. market data includes Empire State Manufacturing Survey…

[article]502[/article]

Truman
    Participant

Cheers – ATH in a spectacular fashion – how long can it last?

Assistanc3
    Participant

[quote=”Blarney” post=4219]Cheers – ATH in a spectacular fashion – how long can it last?[/quote]

I project the bull market runs for another 2 years at current rate hike pace
    however, I also project 4 rate hikes this year instead of the Feds 3 projected

[color=green][b]^^^ THANK YOU for excellent analysis & research for coming week 8)
    I’m BULLISH for future but also “cautious” as we’re long over due for correction.
    GOVT shutdown could provide an excuse for some selling & profit taking
    but if deal is made — it is indeed full steam ahead :)[/b][/color]

[size=5][b]HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY
    What a great leader of Civil Rights in a more peaceful way[/b][/size]

Assistanc3
    Participant

U.S. automakers are unveiling new diesel pickup trucks even as diesel sales have fallen sharply since Volkswagen AG’s 2015 diesel emissions scandal.

Ford $F says it will boost its investment in electric vehicles to $11B in the next five years, more than doubling a previous commitment.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV’s $FCA has no intention of breaking up the company or selling individual brands to China or other parties, the company’s chief executive said on Monday, adding that the group was counting on its coveted Jeep brand to drive future profits.

Subaru Corp. is striking a rare note of optimism about American car buyers by projecting a bump in 2018 sales even as overall volume declines, as it brings a behemoth SUV with 19 cupholders to U.S. showrooms.

Assistanc3
    Participant

DOW 26,000

Assistanc3
    Participant

I was awake during pre-market where DOW was gonna open +200pts and was like …ok ya got this one

WTF?

[b][color=red][size=5]BUBBLE has popped on CYBER-CURRIENCES .. huge SELL-OFFs today :woohoo:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-slides-14-percent-crackdown-085904846.html%5B/size%5D%5B/color%5D%5B/b%5D

USA GOVT may ACTUALLY SHUTDOWN which likely helped take BITCOIN (plus risk of new “regs”) & equities SOUTH .. I logged into multiple accounts & was actually planning to park everything 100% … but thought this puppy is likely going higher – despite concerns that are out there … so I held all current positions … and if we have a nice sell off it’s actually better to stay invested & put dry powder to work … or at least that’s my idea of cautious investing 🙂

Assistanc3
    Participant

Assistanc3
    Participant

BTFD

House leaders pulling together a new CR that includes a 6 yr extension of CHIP, and a 5-year delay of the medical device tax, and either one or two-year delays of the Health Insurance Tax and Cadillac Tax on high-cost health plans.

Assistanc3
    Participant

At the close
    Dow -0.02% to 25,796.02. S&P -0.35% to 2,776.58. Nasdaq -0.51% to 7,223.58.
    Treasurys: 30-year +0.29%. 10-yr +0.04%. 5-yr -0.02%.
    Commodities: Crude -0.64% to $63.89. Gold +0.31% to $1,339.00.
    Currencies: Euro +0.04% vs. dollar. Yen -0.23%. Pound -0.03%.

Assistanc3
    Participant

CIBC is the only Canadian bank of the big 6 to not raise mortgage rates

which means a rate hike by the Bank of Canada tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.