Market Weekly: December 8 – 14 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Super Harley
    Participant

Barclays Global Technology, Media and Telecommunications Conference:

San Francisco from December 11-12.

Companies due to appear include Tenable (NASDAQ:TENB), Five9 (NASDAQ:FIVN), LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN), NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI), Paycom (NYSE:PAYC), Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA), Revolve (NYSE:RVLV), TI (NASDAQ:TXN), Elastic (NYSE:ESTC), Black Knight (NYSE:BKI), VMWare (NYSE:VMW), Mimecast (NASDAQ:MIME), Skyworks (NASDAQ:SWKS), IAC(NASDAQ:IAC), Pinterest (NYSE:PINS), GoDaddy (NYSE:GDDY) and AT&T (T).

Super Harley
    Participant

Media Stock Golden Globes Watch

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association will announce this year’s Globe award nominations on December 9.

Netflix (NFLX) has three films (The Irishman, Marriage Story and The Two Popes) in the mix for best motion picture.

Sony (NYSE:SNE) is also expected to do well with Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time,

Warner Bros. (T) could see either Joker and Just Mercy get an invite

Super Harley
    Participant

UBS Global TMT Conference: New York City on December 9-10

Tech, media and telcomm players includes

ViacomCBS (NASDAQ:VIAC) CEO Bob Bakish,
    AT&T (NYSE:T) CEO Randall Stephenson
    Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR) CEO Tom Rutledge.
    Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos could break some news
    Peloton Interactive CEO John Foley (NASDAQ:PTON) will look to spin the advertising story on the company in a positive way.

DocuSign (NASDAQ:DOCU), MDC Partners (NASDAQ:MDCA), World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE), Zscaler (NASDAQ:ZS), Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ:SWIR), Match.com (NASDAQ:MTCH), Zix (NASDAQ:ZIXI), RealReal (NASDAQ:REAL), Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC), K12 (NYSE:LRN), AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), News Corp (NASDAQ:NWS), and Fiverr (FVRR).

Super Harley
    Participant

Drug prices bill sponsored by Democrats is expected to be passed in the House next week,

However it’s very unlikely to pass the Senate.

While a bipartisan bill from the Senate Finance Committee would impact prices on 2% of all drug sales and the Trump Administration’s plan would hit about 3% of sales, the House bill being floated would apply to the entire U.S. market.

Biopharma majors to watch next week include

Pfizer (PFE), Merck (NYSE:MRK), Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY), Novartis (NYSE:NVS), Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY), GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK), AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB), Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NYSE:TEVA), Takeda (NYSE:TAK), AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) and Bausch Health Companies (NYSE:BHC)

[size=5][i]and sadly listening to history being made in IMPEACHMENT hearings
    I am listening in background as I work from home today :woohoo:
    And maybe censure is what I see — but House is too polarized for any middle ground
    There were some mistakes made (likely unintentional)
    But as Stephen Castor noted in brilliant opening remarks –
    the case is being stretched beyond what really happened based on hearsey[/i][/size]

[size=5][color=red]Dow 27,909.60 -105.46 -0.38%
    S&P 500 3,135.96 -9.95 -0.32%
    Nasdaq 8,621.83 -34.70 -0.40% [/color]
    Gold 1,469.00 4.10 0.28%
    Oil 59.04 0.02 0.03%[/size]

[size=5][i]#45 you’ve been a bad bad putty kat – as Sylvester would say – lol :woohoo:
    One of best jams of all time to mark impeachment on the way (bongos excellent)[/i][/size] :ohmy:

TradersCom
    Keymaster

With No Fear in the US markets despite the risk DAX hit a 5 week low – down 1.5% to its lowest level since 1 November

While the US markets have been taking ahead in the sand approach – at what point do defensive risk flows take hold? Or do they?

:

TradersCom
    Keymaster

US November NFIB small business optimism rebounds to a four-month high

Index 104.7 v 103.0 expected, Prior 102.4

Largest month-over-month gain since May 2018, led by a 10-point improvement in earnings.
    Earnings, or the frequency that owners report positive profit trends, rose 10 points, 1 point below the record set in May 2018.

Owners reporting it is a good time to expand increased by 6 points and those expecting better business conditions increased by 3 points.

NFIB Uncertainty Index fell 6 points in November to 72, the lowest reading since May 2018.

“Owners are most closely focused on issues that directly impact their business, including the real, significant tax relief they were given two years ago, and they’re anxious to see that relief made permanent”, said NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg.

NFIB Business Optimism Index in the United States averaged 98.36 Index Points from 1975 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 108.80 Index Points in August of 2018 and a record low of 80.10 Index Points in April of 1980.

Source: National Federation of Independent Business

TradersCom
    Keymaster

U.S. and Chinese Trade Negotiators Planning for Delay of December Tariff Reports WSJ

Officials hint at extending talks, though President Trump hasn’t yet decided

By Lingling Wei in Beijing and Bob Davis in Washington
    Dec. 10, 2019 8:32 am ET

U.S. and Chinese trade negotiators are laying the groundwork for a delay of a fresh round of tariffs set tp kick in Dec 15

Of course comes in at futures lows .. and popes it 17 handles

Truman
    Participant

House Democrats announced two articles of impeachment against President Trump this morning

Abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

“We do not take these actions lightly,” said Rep. Jerry Nadler, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, in making the announcement. “The integrity of our next election is at risk.”

The Judiciary Committee is expected to vote Thursday on the articles, making way for a full House vote. Trump faces impeachment over allegations that he used his office to pressure the Ukrainian government into announcing investigations into political opponents, including former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

In a tweet this morning, Trump said trying to impeach him is “sheer political madness.

[size=5][b][color=red]Dow 27,881.72 -27.88 -0.10%
    S&P 500 3,132.52 -3.44 -0.11%
    Nasdaq 8,616.18 -5.64 -0.07%[/color]
    Gold 1,469.00 4.10 0.28%
    Oil 59.08 0.06 0.10%[/b][/size]

[color=green][size=5][b]Dow 27,911.30 29.58 0.11%
    S&P 500 3,141.63 9.11 0.29%
    Nasdaq 8,654.05 37.87 0.44%
    Gold 1,479.30 11.20 0.76%
    Oil 58.80 -0.44 -0.74%[/b][/size][/color]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st8GqKWxLHI

[size=5][color=purple][i]Awesome rally by #45 in Hershey PA …. and some wild humor mixed in 😉
    Personally I favor only censure on stretched allegations :whistle:
    and a good “check & balance” on our General Patton type POTUS – lol

Ukraine probes seem to be more on settling 2016 election wrongs than 2020 campaign
    as there is no need to dig up dirt on VP Joe for 2020 as I don’t think he’ll make it anyway
    at times he’s not the healthiest shape to even make the run physically or mentally
    but as silver lining — House may even not get enough votes & likely to strengthen re-election chances[/i][/color][/size]

TradersCom
    Keymaster

‘Tis the season

Phoebe Bridgers (featuring Fiona Apple and Matt Berninger) – 7 O’Clock News / Silent Night

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.