Market Weekly: December 15 – 21 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

[color=purple][i][b]Where have we been and where are we …Wishing all a great week ahead
    As we prepare for holidays .. a favorite song to turn out all lights except Christmas tree
    and crank up volume — this video features BAMBI the deer with some great natural footage 8)[/b][/i][/color]

[article]1881[/article]

Truman
    Participant

Fed’s Vice Chair Clarida:(From Friday)

Sees no signs of the US consumer pulling ba
    On aggregate the US consumer is in great shape
    The Fed’s baseline for the outlook in 2020 is ‘more of the same’
    Fed policy is in a good place
    thought recession fears were overblown this year

[color=purple][size=5][i]Old man winter is on way soon for SW VIRGINIA
    ICELAND had historic super blizzard of 10 feet snow & 149mph winds[/i][/size][/color]
    https://www.columbian.com/news/2019/dec/12/iceland-blizzard-brings-149-mph-gusts-up-to-10-feet-of-mountain-snow/

[color=limegreen][size=6][b]Dow 28,235.62 100.24 0.36%
    S&P 500 3,191.80 23.00 0.73%
    Nasdaq 8,814.23 79.35 0.91%
    Gold 1,480.90 -0.30 -0.02%
    Oil 60.26 0.19 0.32% [/b][/size][/color]

Truman
    Participant

Former President Barack Obama – Women are “indisputably” better than men and make for better leaders,

Obama said during a speaking engagement in Singapore. “I’m absolutely confident that for two years if every nation on earth was run by women, you would see a significant improvement across the board on just about everything … living standards and conditions,” he said.

Obama added that older people, and typically men, who won’t leave power are responsible for the problems in the world. – BBC NEWS

Truman
    Participant

Singer Mariah Carey’s 1994 holiday single “All I Want For Christmas Is You” is the No. 1 song in the country for the first time.

The modern classic is the first holiday song to reach the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart since “The Chipmunk Song” held the spot for four weeks between 1958 and 1959. “We did it ” reacted in a tweet Monday

TradersCom
    Keymaster

US industrial production for November 1.1% vs 0.8% estimate

Industrial production or 1.1% versus 0.8% estimate. Prior month -0.9% versus -0.8% previously reported
    Manufacturing production 1.1% versus 0.9% estimate. Prior month revised to -0.7% from -0.6% previously reported

Capacity utilization 77.3% versus 77.4% estimate. Prior month revised lower to 76.6% from 76.7%

Mining output -0.2% versus -0.8% in October
    utilities output +2.9% in November versus -2.4% in October
    industrial output ex auto’s/parts +0.5% versus -0.6% in October
    motor vehicle assembly rate rose to 11.41 million units per year from October 9 .51 million units per year
    The 1.1% gain was the largest since October 2017

TradersCom
    Keymaster

The first episode of “The Simpsons” premiered 30 years ago today.

The Christmas-themed episode, “Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire,” premiered as a spinoff of animated shorts that appeared on Fox’s “The Tracey Ullman Show.”

There have now been 672 original episodes of “The Simpsons” – it is the longest-running scripted primetime show in U.S. television history. Fans of the show have spent part of the day singling out their favorite episodes, with season four’s “Marge vs. the Monorail” frequently being labeled the Best. Episode. Ever.

ClemSnide
    Participant

US President Trump has been impeached for obstructing Congress and for abuse of power

President Trump will be only the 3rd President ever to be impeached.

[size=5][b] [color=red]Dow 28,239.28 -27.88 -0.10%
    S&P 500 3,191.14 -1.38 -0.04% [/color]
    Nasdaq 8,827.73 4.38 0.05%
    Gold 1,481.60 2.90 0.20%
    Oil 60.90 -0.03 -0.05%[/b][/size]

Mixed day on WALL ST & K STREET with 2 articles of Impeachment passed 🙁

[size=5][i]Ohhh the humanity – and old Nancy has out-smarted everyone :woohoo:
    in HOLDING the 2 articles until they do it “my way” :ohmy:
    of course they are in lock-step with our US constitution all the way :whistle:[/i][/size]

Truman
    Participant

[quote=”CautiousInvestor” post=12595][size=5][i]Ohhh the humanity – and old Nancy has out-smarted everyone :woohoo:
    in HOLDING the 2 articles until they do it “my way” :ohmy:
    of course they are in lock-step with our US constitution all the way :whistle:[/i][/size]

After the House on Wednesday approved two articles of impeachment against President Trump, Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she would not send the case to the Senate until “fair” procedures are set for the trial. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said he would not allow witnesses in the trial phase or be impartial in the matter and would coordinate with the White House on how to conduct it. McConnell plans to react on the Senate floor to the impeachment vote at 9:30 a.m. Eastern today.

Trump will stand trial on the charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress for pressuring Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, and blocking House investigations into his actions. As the House began to vote, Trump held a campaign rally in Battle Creek, Michigan, where he said the late U.S. Rep. John Dingell of Michigan might be “looking up,” suggesting he might be in Hell, as his widow and successor Rep. Debbie Dingell voted to impeach the president. After the House approved both articles of impeachment, Trump tweeted out a meme with the caption, “In reality they’re not after me they’re after you… I’m just in the way.” – POLITICO

Truman
    Participant

A federal appeals court in Washington D.C. struck down on Wednesday the part of the Affordable Care Act that requires Americans to have health care.

The court returned the case to the federal district court in Texas to decide if other parts of the law can stand without the individual mandate. Nearly a year ago, Fort Worth, Texas-based federal district court Judge Reed O’Connor ruled the entire health care law unconstitutional.

The individual mandate is the central part of former President Barack Obama’s landmark legislative achievement, and health care is one of the topics voters ask about the most on the Democratic presidential primary campaign trail. – NYTIMES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.