Market Weekly: Aug 07-Aug-11-2017

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Assistanc3
    Participant

Air fares in the U.S. increased 0.7% MoM in July to help offset two straight months of decline, according to data compiled by the Bureau of Transportation Services.

Fares were down 2.5% YoY in July on an unadjusted basis.

WOW – JC Penny is quickly heading toward PENNY stock territory … my bride of many years worked there for a while, so that’s one reason it caught my eye … the failure of SEARS & JCP and other brick-and-mortar institutions are indeed part of changing landscape. In fact just heard on local news IHOP & Applebee’s are closing a # of restaurants as well

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/JCP?p=JCP

Assistanc3
    Participant

Everyone’s watching to see what you will do
    Everyone’s looking at you, oh
    Everyone’s wondering will you come out tonight
    Everyone’s trying to get it right, get it right

Everybody’s cashing out before the weekend

Assistanc3
    Participant

$JCP Nov “one holiday won’t save it”

11 Jan 2017

update

Assistanc3
    Participant

At the close

Dow +0.08% to 21,860.64. S&P +0.13% to 2,441.78. Nasdaq +0.64% to 6,256.84.
    Treasurys: 30-year -0.02%. 10-yr +0.12%. 5-yr +0.15%.
    Commodities: Crude +0.37% to $48.77. Gold +0.49% to $1,296.42.
    Currencies: Euro +0.46% vs. dollar. Yen -0.09%. Pound -0.3%.

Assistanc3
    Participant

DryShips ($DRYS) soared by more than 50% in today’s trade following news that CEO George Economou agreed to enter into a private placement with the company and the company ended its controversial stock issuance to Kalani Investments.

Shares poked their head over the $4 level at the open before falling back to close at $3.10

Assistanc3
    Participant

Anthem to stop selling marketplace plans in Virginia

Customers in areas of Virginia that only had ANTM this year will still have an insurer in 2018, as Optima Health Plan filed for a major expansion next year that includes all of the applicable counties.

Anthem previously announced that it will exit the marketplaces in Nevada, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, most of California and parts of Georgia.

ClemSnide
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=834]Air fares in the U.S. increased 0.7% MoM in July to help offset two straight months of decline, according to data compiled by the Bureau of Transportation Services.

Fares were down 2.5% YoY in July on an unadjusted basis.[/quote]

Because of Summer school holiday demand perhaps

ClemSnide
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=842]Anthem to stop selling marketplace plans in Virginia

Customers in areas of Virginia that only had ANTM this year will still have an insurer in 2018, as Optima Health Plan filed for a major expansion next year that includes all of the applicable counties.

Anthem previously announced that it will exit the marketplaces in Nevada, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, most of California and parts of Georgia.

More signs of success from the Obamacare for all… what a disaster someone said

As I head to our house of worship this morning, it is with sadness for events of Charlottesville … It is less of a reflection of the most folks in Virginia & more of a “gathering place” to 2 dynamically opposed groups to meet & escalate tensions. IOW – lots of out-of-state folks were parts of both groups. I hope & pray for peace in our nation & that tensions ease today. This is not the Virginia I know & am heart-broken over these actions … our state & nation has taken a step back.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.