Market Weekly: Apr 16 Apr 20 2018

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

[color=teal][b]SOME GREAT BUYING toward close 8)
    THANK GOODNESS we woke up A3 in time before 4pm close 😉 :whistle:
    It was actually a decent finish with only minor losses :)[/b][/color]

and another excellent version of that great song 8) … for those other than our family & hound — who might be celebrating “420” holiday tomorrow 😉 : I’m staying off roads — and working from home ….. as 4:20 pm on April 20th in any worldwide time zone may be dangerous – lol 😉 :woohoo:

is $100 OIL on the way ? :woohoo:

[b]Good morning from deer infested mtns of SW VA … HAPPY FDIC FRIDAY & TGIF 8)
    Some minor selling at start as DOW & NAZ both are down by 35 points each[/b]

Assistanc3
    Participant

other than GE and Wells Fargo, the rest of the market is being sold off into the weekend
    ….as expected in these times of days when tweets can start a war

Assistanc3
    Participant

Twitter banning ads from Russia’s Kaspersky Lab, makers of widely used personal computer security and antivirus software. Twitter points to U.S. claims that Kaspersky is linked to Russian intelligence, and says the company’s business model conflicts with its advertising rules.

Assistanc3
    Participant

Justice Department Watchdog Probes Comey Memos Over Classified Information

At least two of the memos that former FBI Director James Comey gave to a friend outside of the government contained information that officials now consider classified, according to people familiar with the matter, prompting a review by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.

Of those two memos, Mr. Comey himself redacted elements of one that he knew to be classified to protect secrets before he handed the documents over to his friend. He determined at the time that another memo contained no classified information, but after he left the Federal Bureau of Investigation, bureau officials upgraded it to “confidential,” the lowest level of classification.

[b]I did take time off from work today & had close encounters with some deer that were startled … we still are in volatile times where we can swing 1% in either direction — all based on the “sound byte” of the day – whether true or false … I’m heading to bunkers at 4:20 in this crazed world we live in – lol 😉 Statistically, I would not want to be on highways as a few might be celebrating. Instead, I’m planting hot peppers & cherry tomatoes for what I hope is best garden ever 🙂

And back to markets where some profit taking is underway … I was tempted to buy GE on dip – as indeed they did better than expected 🙂

and the lessons learned from Wells Fargo & even some of our recent GOVT scandals — The TRUTH will always win out – when you try to cheat someone else with false info[/b]

[color=red][b]Some SELLING into close .. and a little WALL ST BEEF harvested :woohoo:
    Still – hopefully things will continue to bounce back next week as well :)[/b][/color]

Assistanc3
    Participant

At the close
    Dow -0.83% to 24,459.81. S&P -0.99% to 2,666.38. Nasdaq -1.28% to 7,145.52.
    Treasurys: 30-year -0.6%. 10-yr -0.3%. 5-yr -0.18%.
    Commodities: Crude -0.01% to $68.28. Gold -0.79% to $1,338.10.
    Currencies: Euro -0.5% vs. dollar. Yen +0.24%. Pound +0.49%.

Assistanc3
    Participant

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un announced Friday that his country will be suspending missile testing and closing a nuclear test site, several reports said.

“From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles,” the Korean Central News Agency said, according to Yonhap News. “The North will shut down a nuclear test site in the country’s northern side to prove the vow to suspend nuclear test.”

The announcement comes amid preparations for a meeting later this year between President Trump and the North Korean dictator. During the summit, Trump said he expected to talk with Kim about denuclearizing the hermit kingdom.

LOL – any QE-stions ? ? ? 😉 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

ROFL — instead of WITCHES — WITCH-HUNTERS will be JAILED 😉 :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    https://apnews.com/dda6eac0eb2b4c8c9ddbfee14f891ccd/In-Comey-memos,-Trump-talks-of-jailed-journalists,-‘hookers’

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.