JFK Assassination Records – 2017 Additional Documents Release

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Assistanc3
    Participant

The National Archives and Records Administration is releasing documents previously withheld in accordance with the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. The vast majority of the Collection (88%) has been open in full and released to the public since the late 1990s. The records at issue are documents previously identified as assassination records, but withheld in full or withheld in part.

This July release consists of 3,810 documents, including 441 formerly withheld-in-full documents and 3,369 documents formerly released with portions redacted. The documents originate from FBI and CIA series identified by the Assassination Records Review Board as assassination records. More releases will follow.

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

Assistanc3
    Participant

here is a preview

/sarcasm

Truman
    Participant

That’s good – probably is something like that!!

[size=5]OK boys & girls …. here it is 😉
    https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk%5B/size%5D

WOW – Brakes were put on 2800+ items too sensitive to release … Actually, I’m not sure I even want to know the truth … it is speculated the forbidden ones point to theory of more than one … but regardless a horrible act that set our nation back …

Assistanc3
    Participant

In a 1975 deposition with assassination investigators, Richard Helms, who was a top CIA official at the time of the assassination and later headed the agency, said President Lyndon B. Johnson, who took office after Kennedy was assassinated, “used to go around saying that the reason President Kennedy was assassinated was that he had assassinated [Vietnamese] President Diem and this was just justice.”

“He certainly used to say that in the early days of his Presidency and where he got this idea from I don’t know. I don’t how many of you had the privilege of trying to argue with Presidents about things like that but you tend to be a loser,” Helms said.

In the same deposition, an investigator asked about “charges that the CIA was in some way conspiratorially involved with the assassination of President Kennedy.”

The investigator continued, “Is there any information involved with the assassination of President Kennedy which in any way shows that Lee Harvey Oswald was in some way a CIA agent or an agent …” And there the document ends.

ClemSnide
    Participant

So if anything it keeps the questions opened and perhaps even murkier

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.