Hurricane Harvey, Forecasting Weather With Machine Learning Artificial Intelligence

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    TradersCom
    Keymaster

[article]171[/article]

ClemSnide
    Participant

Enjoyed your writing thank you, very timely I might add 🙂 My suspicion and reading the forecasters comments is they are holding back AI for their own job retention.

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Meanwhile rain starts in houston as harvey shapes up as massive rain event – Prepping .. be safe all

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Harvey Model Updates

TradersCom
    Keymaster

The National Weather Service is now warning about historic, catastrophic rainfall to come with Hurricane Harvey.

[size=5]^^^ +1s … WOW – I saw range of 12-18″ posted for Houston area, depending on whether this is a 2017 version of Allison or now … there will be rain measured in “feet” directly off the eyewall bands and the longer the “eye” stays out to sea — the more fuel the storm gets (as going inland weakens it)

The only GOOD NEWS about “Machine Learning Artificial Intelligence ” is that after working decades in the COMPUTER industry myself — COMPUTERS are often WRONG ;)[/size]

TradersCom
    Keymaster

1 PM update from NHC keeps #Harvey as a Category 2 hurricane with a central pressure of 945 mb and peak winds of 110 mph

TradersCom
    Keymaster

[quote=”CautiousInvestor” post=1191][size=5]^^^ +1s … WOW – I saw range of 12-18″ posted for Houston area, depending on whether this is a 2017 version of Allison or now … there will be rain measured in “feet” directly off the eyewall bands and the longer the “eye” stays out to sea — the more fuel the storm gets (as going inland weakens it)

The only GOOD NEWS about “Machine Learning Artificial Intelligence ” is that after working decades in the COMPUTER industry myself — COMPUTERS are often WRONG ;)[/size][/quote]

Lets hope its not Allison but its already raining heavily here on a Friday at 1.30 so grounds will be wet.

Indeed computers are often wrong they are but predictions so lets hope.

Assistanc3
    Participant

ThePitBoss
    Participant

LOl amazing what people forget in a hurry have heard of pets, wallets and no doubt a charger – I am sure there are some embarrassing stories to tell.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Cat 3 and not slowing down

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Nature is awesome in its power but when its bearing down ion you like this its something else.

ClemSnide
    Participant

Harvey landed with devastation down near Rockport

Latest from NHC

Now an unprecedented rain event for next 3-4 days

ClemSnide
    Participant

Epic deluge across SE Texas just beginning after landfall of Hurricane #Harvey. 20″ rainfall expected across large region. Up to 40″ poss via @RyanMaue

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Rain here earlier and heavier than original forecasts – flooding up at 242/45 near Woodlands on outer bands already – be safe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.