HAPPY NEW YEAR — may 2018 be a great year for all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

[color=teal][size=5][b]A thread to share items of interest for NEW YEARS DAY holiday ahead
    May it be a great one for all :)[/b][/size][/color]

Assistanc3
    Participant

I dunno if it is because I am getting older and wiser but it sure seems like the world keeps getting crazier every year.

can we just pause 2017?

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Each year I agree – but we have seen this many times especially at the height of bull markets 🙂

Have a great 2018!!!

[size=5]BRRRRRRR — 2018 will usher in bitter COLD TEMPS as the Siberian Express arrives … 7F now on top of mtns in SW VA

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/another-arctic-blast-poised-to-usher-in-2018/70003663%5B/size%5D

Assistanc3
    Participant

cold temperature records are being shattered around Canada

[color=teal][size=5][b]We have warmed from 7 to 17 degrees, as I’m carrying firewood in & trying to finish out work year from home this week 🙂

As I’ve said before – Global warming is not a bad thing in the WINTER 😉 🙂 … last night on C2C, the famous author below noted that SUN has went extra long in not having SUNSPOTS and we may even have a mini-ICE-AGE in near future?[/b][/size][/color]

Assistanc3
    Participant

Pretty sure these arctic blast are arriving sooner than usual
    most of Ontario, Canada shattered record cold temperatures that have been standing for 100+ years. Which only makes things scarier come the new year when we get those arctic blast in February.

I was saying to my mom last night that those frozen in Northern US states should sue Ontario and the Canadian government for its reduction in coal use which is causing global temperatures to fall putting them in harms way. Hey if they wanna use the excuse that is what is causing the planet to warm, it works in reverse. Lack of coal use is a threat to America’s well being.

Assistanc3
    Participant

In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

@realDonaldTrump 7:01 PM – 28 Dec 2017

Truman
    Participant

Have a great 2017/2018 – look forward to your wit and insight on the boards!!!

GOOD MORNING … just wanted to quickly share before church services that it is ALREADY the new year & 2018 in land down under .. G’day maties — it’s 2018 in NZ & land of the Aussies

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Have a fantastic 2018 – and thanks for being part of everything!

[size=5][color=teal][b]YAY – like Drudge noted — we survived 2017 & now all counters reset for a brand new year ahead :ohmy: and wish everyone here ATB for 2018 8)

TEMPS have almost tripled on top of mountain from +4F to +11F … Plans are to make a scorching hot batch of Fire on Mtn chilli today … as I’m thawing GHOST & HABS from freezer … while I’m going to start a “Recipes 2018” thread in OT section — I’ve been making some quick & easy chili that I’ve affectionately named “A3 Chili” (lol) … grab a microwave & 3 ingredients & you have excellent hotdog chili ..[/b][/color]

[color=red]RECIPE for “A3 CHILLI” = 3 ingredients (lol)
    1. Wolf’s Chili
    2. Bush Baked Beans – Home-style
    3. 3 peppers of your choice (from sweet bells to very hot ones)

Heat for 5minutes on high in microwave, stir and reheat about 3 minutes and let cool[/color][/size]

[color=teal][size=5][b]Here is my 2018 “New Year’s” resolution to grow even hotter peppers … and future birthday present (JAN-21) … Even if too hot to eat –they help keep DEER & other critters away – lol … and amazing beautiful plants when staked (like hosta plants) … I found a site that I will likely order from … I’ve got over 1,000 ghost pepper seeds dried and packed and they cost about 25 cents EACH (I’m hoping these are not hybrids — and will test germinations later in March (as it requires 80F ground temps) .. all you need is 1 of these to make best chili on earth … If I can learn to dry seeds, that might be a future great hobby (and even some small incomes in future) … still it’s mostly my “science project for 2018” 8)

Tyler Farms ([i]appears to be a nice family business in California
    with great prices compared to others non-GMO[/i] and $6.99 for 30 seeds)

https://www.tyler-farms.com/carolina-reaper-pepper-seeds
    https://www.tyler-farms.com/faq/
    https://www.tyler-farms.com/super-hot/%5B/b%5D%5B/size%5D%5B/color%5D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.