Euro 14 Month Highs Despite Dovish ECB Draghi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    KnovaWave
    Participant

[article]43[/article]

TradersCom
    Keymaster

The Euro has gone from the ‘basket case’ in a slow upward grind – which has caught many by surprise particularly on the crosses. Many big names have been advocating selling on the way up for that gap fill under 1.0700 or so… This week may have taken care of some of that you would think

George
    Participant

Looks like the market has decided that the Fed is finished with rate hikes for the year

Heidi Tait
    Participant

So dovish yet so many people are willing to pay up. I guess people think the European economy is cured. Probably have to thank TheTrump for part of this move as well. Something to keep in mind before mortgaging the house to buy Euro is that EU data usually lags the US. My two cents!

ThePitBoss
    Participant

[quote=”HeidsterTrades” post=129]So dovish yet so many people are willing to pay up. I guess people think the European economy is cured. Probably have to thank TheTrump for part of this move as well. Something to keep in mind before mortgaging the house to buy Euro is that EU data usually lags the US. My two cents![/quote]

Indeed the latest Russian comment sent the USD down and the ES too – except the ES recovered. Does that mean the ES investors don’t care or was today’s currency move more exiting the US dollar for other reasons?

ThePitBoss
    Participant

[quote=”GPG” post=128]Looks like the market has decided that the Fed is finished with rate hikes for the year[/quote]

Yes seems some Fed fatigue going on and the bund/10year spread suggests likewise.

Assistanc3
    Participant

At the end of last year
    I went from short CADUSD to long EURUSD

while concerned about the peak U.S. auto buying I still held my only auto manufacturing play Magna International $MGA (its a play on Europe recovery) I wanted to pick a European bank too but I still feel there will be trouble ahead from Italy, so holding off on that for now.

Assistanc3
    Participant

could this be weighing on USD?

Saudi exports to the US hit a 7 year low

ThePitBoss
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=132]At the end of last year
    I went from short CADUSD to long EURUSD

while concerned about the peak U.S. auto buying I still held my only auto manufacturing play Magna International $MGA (its a play on Europe recovery) I wanted to pick a European bank too but I still feel there will be trouble ahead from Italy, so holding off on that for now.[/quote]

Italy still has the bank overhang and as always it seems political uncertainty overhanging. Seems to be forgotten with Brexit and the French elections.

ThePitBoss
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=133]could this be weighing on USD?

Good find – while good for bringing in the trade deficit it takes a lot of dollars to be bought off the table.

TradersCom
    Keymaster

[quote=”ThePitBoss” post=138][quote=”Assistanc3″ post=133]could this be weighing on USD?

Good find – while good for bringing in the trade deficit it takes a lot of dollars to be bought off the table.[/quote]

Just out: SaudiArabia U.S. July crude #oil imports from KSA set to drop to 847kbd, down 12.5% from June’s 968kbd. Kpler via BBG

KnovaWave
    Participant

EURUSD continues its march higher after successfully holding above the May 2016 1.16157 high gathering energy to break above the high for the day testing 1.1680 next is the figure confluence and hour trend at 1.1698-1.1704. REcall 1.1711 is spike high from August 2015.

ClemSnide
    Participant

[quote=”KnovaWave” post=185]EURUSD continues its march higher after successfully holding above the May 2016 1.16157 high gathering energy to break above the high for the day testing 1.1680 next is the figure confluence and hour trend at 1.1698-1.1704. REcall 1.1711 is spike high from August 2015.[/quote]

Great call and heads up it nabbed that 1.1711 today – pulled back to 1.1655 here

KnovaWave
    Participant

EURUSD taken out that August 2015 high at 1.1711 – recall tapped yesterday and price fell – broken and stops to high of 1.17378.

KnovaWave
    Participant

EURUSD just kept motoring for the month end – saw 1.1831 high in Europe session. Will dig out some charts. Important to note this was last day of the month.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.