Early Season snow pack

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

[size=5]I love documentaries … and this storm in 1949 was one of most powerful blizzards of century …
    I discovered by accident in looking for scientific documentaries on past climate events
    I’m not prepared for almost 2 months of continuous blizzard weather as noted in film below
    It’s filmed in black & white, but it’s HD qualify and was amazed by what our forefathers endured :)[/size]

Assistanc3
    Participant

being in Ontario, we get a dumping of snow every 10 years
    there have been days when I woke up to 3 foot snow drifts
    1 foot of snow over night is not that uncommon

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 😉 :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Assistanc3
    Participant

We got hammered with lake effect snow all night
    still going

Assistanc3
    Participant

I brought this idea up on GotS

We should make a pipeline for water to send to California
    its would go south from Canada to Texas with a crisscross junction going from California to Florida

what it would allow is hurricane water move out of the south and to fire hazard states, also could use that water for fracking.

[color=teal][size=5][b]Light SNOW IN SW VA next 2 days 8) 8) 8)

[color=teal][b]HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM
    Powerful arctic high pressure ridge is bringing SNOW to even MEXICO & TEXAS :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:[/b][/color]

Assistanc3
    Participant

looks like good camping weather 😛

This may be one of those RARE days in our era of global warming where almost all states (except Florida & Hawaii) saw some SNOW.

Thankfully, made a huge batch of PEARL HARBOR chili as a tradition each year … I successfully froze ghost peppers & habeneros & after thawing – and very pleased this worked far better than expected …I will have these all throughout winter … I put 4 fiery peppers into crockpot with 2 cans Wolf chili, onion, & better half’s turkey vegetable soup to make one of best chili’s ever. I had MILK on hand for myself & Rudolph the pug …

SNOW TOTAL IN SW VA = 5 inches 8)

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Went camping with my eldest this weekend to take advantage of the once every 5-8 year snow here – was great weekend around the campfire – his question that got best response and quiet from a few – “what about global warming”?

Assistanc3
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.