American Household Wealth Grows $1.7 Trillion to New Record

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TradersCom
    Keymaster

[article]207[/article]

ClemSnide
    Participant

This was before the latest ramp up in the stock markets – lets see if we can put this new found wealth to a good use and not just paper to be lost on market pullbacks.

Assistanc3
    Participant

its mostly all debt (CC, auto and student loans)

few Americans benefit from the housing assets increasing because American home ownership is low and the companies have almost $2.3 trillion in liquid assets does no one any good (unless they issue a 1 time special dividend payment)

TradersCom
    Keymaster

That liquid assets gave me a headtake and what worries me is they used it to do stock buy backs. Have to check on home ownership I thought was high in the US ? (Is that just a Texas thing?

Truman
    Participant

[quote=”Assistanc3″ post=1651]its mostly all debt (CC, auto and student loans)

few Americans benefit from the housing assets increasing because American home ownership is low and the companies have almost $2.3 trillion in liquid assets does no one any good (unless they issue a 1 time special dividend payment)[/quote]

It says net wealth – would that not be net of debt or am I reading wrong?

TradersCom
    Keymaster

Net of debt but look at how much debt is unproductive such as credit card debt and all the paper assets – thats the risk factor

Assistanc3
    Participant

some could say the student loan debt is unproductive too

Super Harley
    Participant

Would agree with you there with the the hiring process and multitude of over populated fields – lawyers being one and all those arts degrees …

Assistanc3
    Participant

don’t get me started on “Liberal Arts” degree

Super Harley
    Participant

Every time I see record highs I think of this story …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.