Amazon Image Rebuild – What to Expect With $AMZN Earnings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ThePitBoss
    Participant

[article]300[/article]

Truman
    Participant

I like the angle of your review – very much an image rebuild away from just online and cloud with the brick and mortar and nailing down ‘real assets’. Wholefoods an interesting one – Bezos moving AMZN from ‘cheap’ to ‘hip’ … trying at least.

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

[quote=”Blarney” post=2532]I like the angle of your review – very much an image rebuild away from just online and cloud with the brick and mortar and nailing down ‘real assets’. Wholefoods an interesting one – Bezos moving AMZN from ‘cheap’ to ‘hip’ … trying at least.[/quote]

He is making the transition much like Apple tried with their dividend – he is diversifying as you say – dividend would be the next step but aways from that

ThePitBoss
    Participant

Amazon will own a bigger piece of e-commerce sales this year owning about 43.5 cents out of every e-commerce dollar spent in the U.S., up from 38 cents the previous year, according to new estimates on public companies from research firm eMarketer.

Amazon’s e-commerce sales are expected to grow 32 percent to $196.8 billion dollars in 2017 in the U.S., or 43.5 percent of total e-commerce sales

E-commerce sales will increase 15.8 percent to $452.8 billion by the end of 2017, according to the research firm’s estimates.

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/24/16534100/amazon-market-share-ebay-walmart-apple-ecommerce-sales-2017

Helmholtz Watson
    Participant

Wow – and haven’t we been reading that $WMT etc been eating into $AMZN seems not true and shows the danger of what they use as a base to sell a stock. To me $WMT has either converted some of their traditional says to online or got them from elsewhere while $AMZN just plows ahead. Shocked $EBAY so small relative

MoneyNeverSleeps
    Participant

Huge beat on EPS and Revenue – looks like AWS – will go through numbers but headline numbers got the algos going !

Amazon is indeed so HI-TECH that even the Cylons may be built there one day 😉 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.