Oil prices have been on the rise while other risk assets have been on the slide, why is that? We look at the fundamentals and technical analysis behind the rise of WTI and Brent crude oil futures both up seven straight weeks. The longest winning streaks since February last year. The geopolitical and derivative frameworks have much to do with energy prices, how do we trade and invest with that. For August WTI is up 17.8%, Gasoline is up 12.6%, diesel up +27.5% and Jet fuel up 31.4%. Keep that in mind when you read through Julys just released US CPI and PPI reports.
Enjoy live commentary from Our Trading Room at YouTube – feel free to like and share.
- Technically prices broke up while other markets sold off, why?
- What’s gpoing on China?
- EIA reported a build of +5,851M which followed last week’s record crude oil draw of -17.049Mbbls. Domestic US oil production figures jumped to their highest since 2020 to 12.6mbpd.
- OPEC MOMR, what’s the KSA and Russian games?
- Demand favors the bull camp and supply factors favor the bear camp.
- What is the sweet spot for oil.
- Controlling your bias and emotions.
- More dribble ….
Trust you all had a great day, sleep well and get your trading plan sorted.
Any questions please feel free to ask them below. Trade Smart!