Inflation in China came in higher than expected levels for both the consumer and producer in March. CPI 0.4% y/y (vs. expected 0.3%) & PPI 4.4% y/y ( vs. expected 3.6%) the quickest pace of increase since 2018.
China Inflation March 2021
Consumer price index
- CPI 0.4% y/y, vs expected 0.3% y/y, prior – 0.2% for the m/m at -0.5%
- This was the highest reading since October 2020.
- On a monthly basis, consumer prices fell by 0.5 percent in March, reversing from a 0.6 percent rise in February.
Producer Prices Index
- PPI 4.4% y/y, expected 3.6% y/y, prior 1.7% +1.8% m/m
- Quickest pace of increase since 2018
From The Traders Community News Desk